• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Latest CAA Standings

We are currently 10th in the Sagarin ratings.  With one Ivy ahead of us.  So 9th in teams eligible for the playoffs.

We are also currently 12th in the Massey ratings, with 2 Ivy's ahead of us.  So 10th in teams eligible for the playoffs.

In 2012 we were 23rd in the final Sagarin ratings.  Big change, although we did get screwed big time.

To steal a quote from the past, we are a lock at 8-4, “read my lips.”

We’d be coming in on a 4-game winning streak. We are ranked sufficiently high enough as well.

I’m not asking anyone to do the research, but my guess is there is little to no precedent for an 8-win CAA team not making the playoffs. 

This ain’t 2012. 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

To steal a quote from the past, we are a lock at 8-4, “read my lips.”

We’d be coming in on a 4-game winning streak. We are ranked sufficiently high enough as well.

I’m not asking anyone to do the research, but my guess is there is little to no precedent for an 8-win CAA team not making the playoffs. 

This ain’t 2012. 

Funny, because that team was a lot better than this one. But they penalized us for playing two FBS teams and winning 7 games in a 12-game schedule despite going 5-3 in the league. That apparently wasn't enough, even though we annihilated UNH on the road without Dangerfield at the end of the season. Was in the locker room watching the selection show with the reactions and will never forget that as long as I live.

56 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Funny, because that team was a lot better than this one. But they penalized us for playing two FBS teams and winning 7 games in a 12-game schedule despite going 5-3 in the league. That apparently wasn't enough, even though we annihilated UNH on the road without Dangerfield at the end of the season. Was in the locker room watching the selection show with the reactions and will never forget that as long as I live.

Again, there were only 20 teams in the playoffs in 2012. The MEAC also still sent their champ to the tournament then. So there were only 10 at larges instead of the 14 now. Not saying we didn't deserve it, because we did.  We were also 6-2 in Conference that year with two close losses.

Look at the coaches poll today, moved up just 1 again and got jumped by Austin Peay. (It also matters where your start, as poor Albany cant crack the top 25, coming in at 28.  Our logo doesn't say JMU, UNH, Blue Hens, or Richmond on it. We haven't had playoff history and laid an egg last year in the playoffs. All of this along with the last 2 home playoffs games with 2k in attendance, doesnt help. We need to dominant on Saturday and hope to jump in

How many times do I have to say this? It’s not a question of needing to win in a dominant fashion & then “hope” we get in. Let me try this one more time...Win Saturday (regardless of the score) and I Joe Willie Namath GUARANTEE we’re in.

And we haven’t had “playoff history”???? What the ham sandwich was the 2013 National Championship game??? 

ENOUGH SAID ON THIS NON-ISSUE

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2

Attendance at playoff games have nothing to do with whether you get in or not.  Teams bid for home games, and whether you draw 50 or 50,000, the NCAA is getting whatever you bid.  My guess, Towson does not bid for a home game.  We will be on the road.

Just now, TSU88 said:

How many times do I have to say this? It’s not a question of needing to win in a dominant fashion & then “hope” we get in. Let me try this one more time...Win Saturday (regardless of the score) and I Joe Willie Namath GUARANTEE we’re in.

I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FBS OR BUST said:

Attendance at playoff games have nothing to do with whether you get in or not.  Teams bid for home games, and whether you draw 50 or 50,000, the NCAA is getting whatever you bid.  My guess, Towson does not bid for a home game.  We will be on the road.

We will always bid for a playoff game.  CAA provides money to guarantee- as the MVFC and Big Sky do- a home game.

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

And we haven’t had “playoff history”???? What the ham sandwich was the 2013 National Championship game??? 

One year with a win. One.   If we beat Elon, and Maine and Citadel lose, we would have beaten a grand total of 0 teams with a winning record. Yes, our losses have been to good teams. 

There are 14 at larges. Take away 3 from MVFC and Big Sky, your'e down to 8. Nova and SEMO/Austin Peay, 6. Furman and SELA/Nicholls Loser, 4.  So yeah you would think a win and we would be in, but you never know...

18 minutes ago, FBS OR BUST said:

I would agree. We also play better on the road.