• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Latest CAA Standings

1 hour ago, FBS OR BUST said:

I agree.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

How many times do I have to say this? It’s not a question of needing to win in a dominant fashion & then “hope” we get in. Let me try this one more time...Win Saturday (regardless of the score) and I Joe Willie Namath GUARANTEE we’re in.

And we haven’t had “playoff history”???? What the ham sandwich was the 2013 National Championship game??? 

ENOUGH SAID ON THIS NON-ISSUE

Yes, non-issue.  8 and we are a lock.

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

One year with a win. One.   If we beat Elon, and Maine and Citadel lose, we would have beaten a grand total of 0 teams with a winning record. Yes, our losses have been to good teams. 

There are 14 at larges. Take away 3 from MVFC and Big Sky, your'e down to 8. Nova and SEMO/Austin Peay, 6. Furman and SELA/Nicholls Loser, 4.  So yeah you would think a win and we would be in, but you never know...

I would agree. We also play better on the road.

Again, folks here continue to miss the point that our playoff resume is as good as anyone in the CAA or the country .  

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

To steal a quote from the past, we are a lock at 8-4, “read my lips.”

We’d be coming in on a 4-game winning streak. We are ranked sufficiently high enough as well.

I’m not asking anyone to do the research, but my guess is there is little to no precedent for an 8-win CAA team not making the playoffs. 

This ain’t 2012. 

Oddly enough, the last team to miss the NCAA Tournament from the CAA happened the same year we got shafted in 2012. Richmond was 8-3 with a 6-2 conference record and missed the tournament. I believe it was a smaller field back at that point. They lost to Virginia, Old Dominion and New Hampshire, and beat Villanova who was also 6-2 (as was Towson). https://caasports.com/documents/2019/7/22/2019_CAA_Football_Guide_WebSMALL.pdf

Out of the two main projections I looked at (College Sports Madness and HeroSports) one has us in the last three in and the other has us as one of the first teams out. This is an odd year because we don't really have a great win (Maine and The Citadel seem to the best on the surface), but we have lost to Florida and three teams ahead of us in the conference. I don't think anything is guaranteed in this case and this is not a very good CAA year (looking back on it 2012 was historically good). Our resume was a little better last year (with wins over Villanova and Elon on the road), but we have one more win this year.  It is always hard because I never know enough about the other conferences to have a great feel for this. All we can do is take care of business and see what happens.

20 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Again, folks here continue to miss the point that our playoff resume is as good as anyone in the CAA or the country .  

LOL. If we did, we would be a lock to be in.  Resume is suspect to say the least.  There are ways, granted very unlikely, that EWU and Chattanooga win their conferences with less than 7 wins shrinking the at large pool by 2. 

18 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

LOL. If we did, we would be a lock to be in.  Resume is suspect to say the least.  There are ways, granted very unlikely, that EWU and Chattanooga win their conferences with less than 7 wins shrinking the at large pool by 2. 

Who says we are not a lock?  Some kid living in his moms basement that writes for Hero Sports or CSM?

• Like 1