• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Gray, Betrand lead shorthanded Tigers over GW, 72-58 (story)

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Hairston had six against Charleston in 2012. My guess would be either Tim Crossin oh wait. Kris Walden had 11 points in a 100-54 loss at Kansas in 2011.

Thanks.  I had thought possibly Morsel but then I looked it up and his first game was against Alabama and had 2 points. 

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Hairston had six against Charleston in 2012. My guess would be either Tim Crossin oh wait. Kris Walden had 11 points in a 100-54 loss at Kansas in 2011.

LOL

What a game (albeit in an empty arena) but they looked good.. After our 10-1 start team the other year Ill try to reserve getting my hopes up too quickly though. GW could just be bad lol

Actually, I thought the attendance, by our standards, wasn’t bad for a Tuesday night. I think it was announced at 2,000. I was there, and the bottom bowl level was fairly well populated & the atmosphere was pretty good, especially after a few of our dunks

• Like 1

Great opening night win, no doubt about it.

Apologies if this has already been discussed in recent postings leading up to the season, but are in agreement that it's a make-or-break season for Skerry?  Make "The Big Dance" or find a new HC?

Go Tigers!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Actually, I thought the attendance, by our standards, wasn’t bad for a Tuesday night. I think it was announced at 2,000. I was there, and the bottom bowl level was fairly well populated & the atmosphere was pretty good, especially after a few of our dunks

Agreed. Now if we can get more than 25 students there...

I actually had some students (at least I think they were students) who were in my seats before I arrived. They just slid down to some empty seats to my left. So, it’s possible not all the students were seated behind the 1 basket.

Also, what was that thing some of the students had behind the GW goal in the 2nd half? Was it a shower curtain? I couldn’t quite make out what it was, but they seemed to having a good time. We need more students like that at the games

10 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed in recent postings leading up to the season, but are in agreement that it's a make-or-break season for Skerry?  Make "The Big Dance" or find a new HC?

Go Tigers!!

HAHAHAHA. Yes, except we have no money to buy him out.  Some here won't mind yet another underachieving team at 16-15 and a first round exit in the CAA tournament.

Agree or disagree with me, these are the facts:

-He has underachieved with too much talent

-The CAA has been down and still have not made it the the Championship

-Had a brand new arena to recruit with

-No "signature win"  Oregon state turned it around, but who have we beaten that we "shouldn't have"?

-115-106 career record if you take out the 1st year

-2-6 in CAA tournaments (again without his first year)  9 vs 8 L,  5 vs 4 L,  3 vs 6 W,  3 vs 2 L,  3 vs 6 L,  9 vs 8 L,  2 vs 7 W,  2 vs 3 L.    It isn't like the are 1-8 matchups.  Some of those were in Baltimore too.

47 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Go Tigers!!

No it’s not. Has seven years left.

@TuTigers2012 the win at home against Temple in the Bennimon era was probably the biggest win in 10 years. The time we had a ten point lead in college park against the Twerps was also one of our most notable achievements of the Skerry regmine.