• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB rolls over Bryn Athyn, 100-31

I realize it was vs a D3 opponent, but I was particularly impressed with Haughton; he scored a point a minute tonight (17 pts in 18 minutes played).

If Howard doesn’t return, does he merit consideration for playing time going forward?

Also very impressed with Gibson. Aside from his ability to drain the 3, he made some highlight reel passes. Might have gotten 10 assists if he had played in the 2nd half. In fact, if he, Fobbs, Betrand & Tunstall played in the 2nd half, we might have scored 120+ points tonight. We must have near 10 dunks after 2 games. 

I think Thompson has the potential to be a useful role player in his freshman year. He’s not going to grab 17 boards a game, like tonight, but maybe 5 or so a game isn’t out of the question. Him, Gray, Tunstall, Sanders & Solomon U has the makings of a nice front court rotation. 

Looking forward to Monday night vs Kent State. Also looking forward to see what we look like once both Sanders & Timberlake are back. Tough stretch coming up with Kent State, Florida, Xavier, and either UConn or Buffalo. 

I was at the press conference. Just listened to the recording and my WiFi is playing tricks on one of my laptops. So I'm only going to basically give you a few quotes.

Skerry opening comments

Our energy and unselfishness was great, which should be a trademark of our group. We think (Charles Thompson and Jason Gibson up on podium) are going to be great players. I trust my eye in recruiting. It's really a good group to be around. We have some heavyweight teams coming up including Kent State on Monday night, who is a terrific team. It's a group that wants to get better. We have the right guys on the bus but I think we have them in the right seats and that's going to be important."

On Howard's status

"We're still trying to get back healthy. We have a couple of other good players. The guys that are here right now that you see in uniform are on the bus and in the right seats on the bus. That's all I have right now. Everything is day-to-day."

On Nigel Houghton

He played up in John Carroll, then went to South Kent. The coach up there is a good friend of mine and told he's coming to Towson and is an excellent student. He's a good player. We've have some very good walkons. He and Chris are really good players. We scrimmaged George Mason with six guys and Nigel played like 15 minutes and Chris played 10. It was a war. We have trust in those guys."

Charles Thompson on getting 15 boards

"Everyday I go on the court I try and be a star in my role. 

Skerry on Charles Thompson

"He plays hard all the time, every practice, every minute."

On three-point shooting

"We're going to shoot more threes. We have a lot more guys that can shoot the three. I don't care if he (Gibson) shoots it from Fairfax. That's kind of what his range is. We have more guys that can stretch the court. It's a better passing group. A byproduct of that will be taking more threes."

On Solomon

"He's probably pretty tired right now. He played a lot of minutes in the second half. He hasn't really been through full practices. Defensively, he was moving pretty good. We need to get him striding more going up the court. If we can get him going and some other guys back, we can be the deep group that I envisioned."

Gibson on first week

"It's been really good. My teammates have done a great job getting me involved. I'm trying to get everybody else involved. I can shoot too, but I look at my teammates first and the shots come later."

Skerry on Gibson

"He missed about two weeks due to a concussion. We're still trying to get him back full speed ahead. I don't give freshman a lot of sugar, but I told my wife the other day that I feel a nice sense oc calm when he has the ball in his hands. He makes the right decisions.

Gibson

We have a great group of guys. We're very close. I know where everybody is on the floor. Good spacing. No worries and everybody is playing well."

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I realize it was vs a D3 opponent, but I was particularly impressed with Haughton; he scored a point a minute tonight (17 pts in 18 minutes played).

If Howard doesn’t return, does he merit consideration for playing time going forward?

Also very impressed with Gibson. Aside from his ability to drain the 3, he made some highlight reel passes. Might have gotten 10 assists if he had played in the 2nd half. In fact, if he, Fobbs, Betrand & Tunstall played in the 2nd half, we might have scored 120+ points tonight. We must have near 10 dunks after 2 games. 

I think Thompson has the potential to be a useful role player in his freshman year. He’s not going to grab 17 boards a game, like tonight, but maybe 5 or so a game isn’t out of the question. Him, Gray, Tunstall, Sanders & Solomon U has the makings of a nice front court rotation. 

Looking forward to Monday night vs Kent State. Also looking forward to see what we look like once both Sanders & Timberlake are back. Tough stretch coming up with Kent State, Florida, Xavier, and either UConn or Buffalo. 

I don't see Haughton playing unless there are more injuries in the backcourt. He's limited size-wise for a two-guard but I think if you want to use him with Gibson, who can find guys, it might work. Let's say you are down big and need threes and Dottin is not the answer, maybe you can use him.

CAA has had a good start so far. 

NE had two nice wins. Roland is playing out of his mind

hens best oakland

jmu beat conf USA team

Drexel almost beat temple 

uncw hosted and lost to 9th ranked unc by 16

Harvard was getting too 25 votes so that’s a big win for Northeastern. Towson has some serious opportunities ahead of them to show what they are made of with Kent St, Florida, and Xavier. Love that we playing these teams. See what we are made of!