• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Xavier preview

Their preview on us was either very accurate in parts and wildly inaccurate in others. I know it goes against Skerrys philosophy, but if we ever were going to go zone, even for parts, it would be this game. 

As I watch this game, I’m reminded of what a poor recruiter and in-game coach Pat Skerry is.  Our guys cannot create separation for decent shots and can’t finish at the rim.  Too many turnovers.  Fobbs is a huge fan of Fobbs.  He’s convinced he’s the only guy in the floor for Towson.

An ugly showing through the first 15 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

As I watch this game, I’m reminded of what a poor recruiter and in-game coach Pat Skerry is.  Our guys cannot create separation for decent shots and can’t finish at the rim.  Too many turnovers.  Fobbs is a huge fan of Fobbs.  He’s convinced he’s the only guy in the floor for Towson.

An ugly showing through the first 15 minutes.

That was awful. The offensive development and sets run has been awful for a decade now. They are a soft team and not good offensively. With those characteristics they will be eaten alive in the caa. But hey we still have the ncaa leader in assist to turnover ratio!

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That was awful. The offensive development and sets run has been awful for a decade now. They are a soft team and not good offensively. With those characteristics they will be eaten alive in the caa. But hey we still have the ncaa leader in assist to turnover ratio!

We are all aware this is the #18 team in the country and one of hte best defensive teams in the nation, correct?  I'm not saying we played well but that may have something to do with the team on the opposite bench.  

You’re not suggesting that the players on Xavier are on scholarship too? Outrageous!!!

I’m not jumping off the bandwagon...yet. Just last week we played Florida to the buzzer. I am concerned about Fobbs’ inability to hit a 3. The hope is that playing competition the likes of Kent State, Florida, Xavier, Buffalo, Vermont & Liberty will pay dividends once conference play begins. Given the early results of other CAA teams, that may be easier said than done, but we’ll have to wait until late December to see

Florida should have beaten us by quite more if they made their open shots and made layups. A vastly overrated team but we competed which was good to see. Xavier is much better and the outcome isn't surprising nor the ability of us to come up with offensive plays (Skerry ball). As some had said, the CAA may be better than expected and if so, expect the trend of past seasons to continue here....

Edited by tualum

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

We are all aware this is the #18 team in the country and one of hte best defensive teams in the nation, correct?  I'm not saying we played well but that may have something to do with the team on the opposite bench.  

Yes, I am aware.  We are all aware that the offense is still the same garbage year in and year out, and we can't finish point blank, correct? 

Xavier and Florida are good defensively, but when you don't get into your "sets" until 10 seconds left in the shot clock, it doesn't make it easy to score. Add a team that lacks scorers and plays that are run so far outside, and its a recipe for disaster.  Our defense is pretty good and forces a lot of missed shots, that we typically rebound, however we RARELY push the ball. Don't need to push to get a quick bucket but to just keep the defense from setting up.