• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Ultimate choke job

1 hour ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Why not put Gibson and Dottin on the court together at the end?

That was an option but you know what? Every time Dottin had the ball and a Buffalo player breathed on him, he turned it over. The bigger question is why is he still starting at this point? He played just 11 minutes tonight and had four turnovers. Not saying Gibson was great in 29 minutes with three turnovers, but did have five assists. If Buffalo had pressed full court the entire game, we might have set an NCAA record for turnovers.

BTW, we're talking about Sanders as if he was Benimon in his prime and he also contributed to the loss with six turnovers in 29 minutes. Yes, Houston we have a problem with skilled big men (not talking about JG) though the one we have played just 14 minutes and took one shot.

• Like 1

that was a sh_tty way to lose.  but - did anyone expect to beat Buffalo ? (5pt dogs)  or Florida, or Xavier? (big Udogs in each)?  I'd assume will be a Udog again v St Joe, right?   it'd be nice to get one?; hell yeah.  but the negative-nancies plse back away from the cliff, lol.  take the pts (cha-ching!)   

Florida & Xavier..  no.   

Kent State & Buffalo...  absolutely.  

We built a new arena for this program.  The coach received a massive extension.  
We have a Senior who was picked for the All CAA team.  

Only guys who get a pass right now in my mind are our freshman.  

Did you watch the game yesterday!?   We couldn’t get the ball over mid court 5 straight possessions!!!!!   

• Like 1

If I were a degenerate gambler, than I would cry all the way to the bank. However, my measurement of success, on the court, is W’s. In that regard, last night’s fiasco in the last 90 seconds was an abject failure 

Edited by TSU88

This is not a question as to whether or not we thought we would beat Xavier or Florida or Buffalo. The point is this team made mistakes that a high school JV team should not. They should be prepared to break a full court press, which they were not. They should be able to get the ball across half court. If not for the silly Buffalo foul that Fobbs made two free throws on and the stupid Buffalo foul at .3 seconds, the loss would have been significantly worse. Skerry might have gotten the team in a position to win, but you will never see a good coach's team make the basic basketball mistakes that this team makes, especially coming out of time outs. 

Teams that win are the teams that are fundamentally sound. Hopefully this team eventually will reach that status, but certainly not there yet. 

9 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

that was a sh_tty way to lose.  but - did anyone expect to beat Buffalo ? (5pt dogs)  or Florida, or Xavier? (big Udogs in each)?  I'd assume will be a Udog again v St Joe, right?   it'd be nice to get one?; hell yeah.  but the negative-nancies plse back away from the cliff, lol.  take the pts (cha-ching!)   

Loser attitude