• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB blows late lead against Buffalo, falls 76-73

The good news that came out of this game was the play of Sanders and to a lesser extent Timberlake. Sanders took advantage of their poor post defense. He's not Benimon or Moto, but it's nice to have an inside presence on offense. That should open it up a bit for the few shooters that we have. I thought Nick was outstanding on defense and very active overall. Offensively, he looks rusty as hell. I think if he had Betrand's confidence and was 100% healthy and in game shape, he could be solid if not better as the years go on. But there is something there. He's just a redshirt freshman and if he can get to the point where Betrand is, with his lift and explosion, he hopefully can be another option late in games. It seems like he Gibson and Betrand need more time on the court together. He should be a decent IQ guy considering his father was a great point guard at BU in the late eighties. But it's tough to tell with him considering he's never really been healthy.

I know, wishful thinking and glass-half-full, which is not accepted on this board. But I have to have hope. I spent 15 years covering 15 straight losing teams so losing close games like this is nothing compared to the utter disasters of coming to CAAZone.com after every game and getting blasted by ODU fans (Haywood Jablome) and those other idiots. I really couldn't defend us, just like it's tough defending these close losses. This team is certainly not championship material and the league looks better than I thought, but can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now matter how dim at looks and how bad my eyesight is (lol).

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The good news that came out of this game was the play of Sanders and to a lesser extent Timberlake. I thought Nick was outstanding on defense and very active overall. Offensively, he looks rusty as hell and I really don't know how good he can be. I think if he had Betrand's confidence and was 100% healthy and in game shape, he could be solid if not better. But there is something there. He's just a redshirt freshman and if he can get to the point where Betrand is, with his lift and explosion, he hopefully can be another option late in games. It seems like he Gibson and Betrand need more time on the court together. He should be a decent IQ guy considering his father was a great point guard at BU in the late eighties. But it's tough to tell with him considering he's never really been healthy.

He was good defensively and had active hands in the passing lanes. 

Another positive is that we had some good strong box outs 

Another positive was the privilege of watching the brilliant tactical way we attacked the full court press and got off good shots coming out of TO’s at the end of the game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The good news that came out of this game was the play of Sanders and to a lesser extent Timberlake. Sanders took advantage of their poor post defense. He's not Benimon or Moto, but it's nice to have an inside presence on offense. That should open it up a bit for the few shooters that we have. I thought Nick was outstanding on defense and very active overall. Offensively, he looks rusty as hell. I think if he had Betrand's confidence and was 100% healthy and in game shape, he could be solid if not better as the years go on. But there is something there. He's just a redshirt freshman and if he can get to the point where Betrand is, with his lift and explosion, he hopefully can be another option late in games. It seems like he Gibson and Betrand need more time on the court together. He should be a decent IQ guy considering his father was a great point guard at BU in the late eighties. But it's tough to tell with him considering he's never really been healthy.

I know, wishful thinking and glass-half-full, which is not accepted on this board. But I have to have hope. I spent 15 years covering 15 straight losing teams so losing close games like this is nothing compared to the utter disasters of coming to CAAZone.com after every game and getting blasted by ODU fans (Haywood Jablome) and those other idiots. I really couldn't defend us, just like it's tough defending these close losses. This team is certainly not championship material and the league looks better than I thought, but can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now matter how dim at looks and how bad my eyesight is (lol).

Lol caazone. That’s a blast from the past. As bad as we were then (I remember the 3 hour bus ride back from vcu losing 111-45 or something fing crazy like that) we were expected to lose. There are expectations now at least by some of us fans (obviously not by the AD and staff but I digress) 

Id rather have my face beat in by 25 than lose like tonight. 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol caazone. That’s a blast from the past. As bad as we were then (I remember the 3 hour bus ride back from vcu losing 111-45 or something fing crazy like that) we were expected to lose. There are expectations now at least by some of us fans (obviously not by the AD and staff but I digress) 

Id rather have my face beat in by 25 than lose like tonight. 

No f-ing way would I want to go back to that. Those teams didn't even care about losing or should I say most of those teams and certain players.

Totally agree about would rather lose by 25+ than like we lost vs Kent, UF & Buffalo. These L’s are demoralizing, nothing more, nothing less

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

No f-ing way would I want to go back to that. Those teams didn't even care about losing.

I’m not saying that. I’m saying I’d rather lose by a lot than the way we did tonight.  Less painful. All comes down to 4 games in March. But I cast remember when there last time we won 4 in a row was 

We’ve yet to win 2 in a row in conference tournament play under the current regime. I’m hard pressed to see how anyone could realistically expect this squad, with its breathtaking ability to lose close games, to win 3 in a row