• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Fire Ambrose

Tim grow a pair. Save your job and go to the board and ask for a buy out. Less than a mill is chump change.

We are paying a bit out for  a coach who killed one of his players from the big ten. 

If we are in this same situation next season and he's available (not likely), I would consider him. However, his record over the last three seasons is 10-26. The Virginia Beach area is one of the most fruitful recruiting areas in the nation. He couldn't get the job done at a lower-level FBS program (outside of the Virginia Tech win). Not sure he's much of an upgrade other than maybe he could bring in players from that area. He also had Taylor Heinicke when he had most of their success.  

Or if you favor the hire, you could say he had great success in FCS and might not have been the right guy at the right time. 

35 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

If we are in this same situation next season and he's available (not likely), I would consider him. However, his record over the last three seasons is 10-26. The Virginia Beach area is one of the most fruitful recruiting areas in the nation. He couldn't get the job done at a lower-level FBS program (outside of the Virginia Tech win). Not sure he's much of an upgrade other than maybe he could bring in players from that area. He also had Taylor Heinicke when he had most of their success.  

Or if you favor the hire, you could say he had great success in FCS and might not have been the right guy at the right time. 

Meh. I'd look for a young and hungry assistant or successful coach from a smaller school.  ODU expects to win and doesn't accept mediocrity. Good for them.  

Rob also had Terrance West when he had most of his success.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Meh. I'd look for a young and hungry assistant or successful coach from a smaller school.  ODU expects to win and doesn't accept mediocrity. Good for them.  

Rob also had Terrance West when he had most of his success.

I was baiting you and you took it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I was baiting you and you took it.

Just think what an average coach could do with Tom. Any other program in the caa would be back to back playoffs. Rob can’t. He gets a pass from The 80s and 90s crew 

Of course I’m following 🏈 but not as closely as the 🏀 program. 
Didn’t we lose “5” players this season to knee injuries.  Still managed to finish 7-5.  
Again maybe I’m way off but Ambrose has taken us to the playoffs twice.  2013 & 2018.  How many times did Combs get us there!!??  Once!??

Why not another season!?  I was under the impression that we are getting better and better talent with this coach in place!?  

15 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Again maybe I’m way off but Ambrose has taken us to the playoffs twice.  2013 & 2018.  How many times did Combs get us there!!??  Once!??

RA got us to the playoffs three times -- 2011, 13, 18. Gordy never made it (though we should have gone in '93, the Crowley/Vinson juggernaut).

I think Waddell deserves a lot of credit for the turn around as well. I don’t think the football program has the success it does without him.