• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB finishes Charleston Classic with 76-64 win over St. Joe's

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Not a weak league. The RPI has the CAA as the sixth-ranked conference. Of course, it's very early. I don't pay for Ken Pom so I don't know what he has the CAA.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-conf

Good Lord.  You are arguing league ratings on November 24.  You need to go get a drink and go to bed.

Just now, BoogerJ said:

Good Lord.  You are arguing league ratings on November 24.  You need to go get a drink and go to bed.

Ok, whatever you say my Lord. I didn't say the league was more than a one-bid league, but it may be a little better than we thought based on a few good early wins. Not from us but others.

3 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

It's November.  Little we see right now will resemble what we see on the could in 6 weeks, much less 3.5 months from now.

Agree. I'm not saying the CAA is great. It might not just be as bad as we thought. Yes, I will look back at the ratings right before conference play and see where the league is. If we're sixth, I'll be shocked and in March, it will probably be around 12-14. But it's really all about Towson getting better by conference time and then peaking towards March. That's something we haven't seen since Coach T in 1992.

Yep. Par for the course for this group.   

You get 5 pages of rants and calling for everyones heads after a loss. 

Yet after a solid win over an A-10 team all be it a bit very good one.  Barely 1.5 pages and most of it isn't about the win. 

Well. For those who think this is such a horrible team.   Take a look at Basketball Rankings---an unbiased source---current ranking and prediction of finish. 

3F39946A-D6A3-4E9A-82FD-6E69E9D7380B.png

10 hours ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Yep. Par for the course for this group.   

You get 5 pages of rants and calling for everyones heads after a loss. 

Yet after a solid win over an A-10 team all be it a bit very good one.  Barely 1.5 pages and most of it isn't about the win. 

Well. For those who think this is such a horrible team.   Take a look at Basketball Rankings---an unbiased source---current ranking and prediction of finish. 

3F39946A-D6A3-4E9A-82FD-6E69E9D7380B.png

LOL. Nothing to really boast about beating a lower bottom A10 team in St. Joe (they were decent not too long ago). Good that they rebounded but let's not get excited. Again, those are just predictions and some who have followed the team for the past several years are not that optimistic based on things we've seen recently and from the past regarding Skerry's team. Again, things can always change and hoping for the better...

39 minutes ago, tualum said:

LOL. Nothing to really boast about beating a lower bottom A10 team in St. Joe (they were decent not too long ago). Good that they rebounded but let's not get excited. Again, those are just predictions and some who have followed the team for the past several years are not that optimistic based on things we've seen recently and from the past regarding Skerry's team. Again, things can always change and hoping for the better...

I get it. Just trying to post a deserting view 😎

Foe the record ive been there up close nearly evey home game and many road and tournament gsmes since Skerry’s first year. 

i understand many like Matt have been following tbe team for nearly 25 to 30 years. 

i Am just never amazed at how rhe negative posts following a loss will outnumber the positive after any win easily 2 to 1.  

Matt has asked me why i dont post on here more often.   And Frankly not that it will matter to anyone.  But its the rampant negative tone on here 

And before anyone says, “Welcome to the internet” I’m an active member on several forums and even the Director of one of the largest ones in its sport. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Foe the record ive been there up close nearly evey home game and many road and tournament gsmes since Skerry’s first year. 

i understand many like Matt have been following tbe team for nearly 25 to 30 years. 

i Am just never amazed at how rhe negative posts following a loss will outnumber the positive after any win easily 2 to 1.  

Matt has asked me why i dont post on here more often.   And Frankly not that it will matter to anyone.  But its the rampant negative tone on here 

And before anyone says, “Welcome to the internet” I’m an active member on several forums and even the Director of one of the largest ones in its sport. 

Yep, some of these posters are negative to the point that is ridiculous.  No facts or logic to support their positions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been following the the board for many years but am a first time poster to address how absurdly negative most people on here are.

Should we have beaten Kent State (#109)? Yes. Should we have beaten Buffalo (#104)? Yes. Could we have beaten #15 Florida on the road? Sure. There are times when the criticism is deserved... but how about giving some credit when it’s due. It’s exhausting and disturbing to read some of your comments after going toe to toe with Florida in Gainesville and a dominant performance over St. Joe’s. Here are the facts:

Towson is currently the #144 team in the country per Kenpom and #3 in CAA. I would sign up for that EVERY single year at Towson. If that were to hold serve, we would be championship contenders come March.

• Like 3