• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Towson 2019 Football Recap

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

Great recap/analysis, Matt.

As for next year's QB: I'm not much of a Stover fan; think of all the times TF eluded pressure that RS would have been no match for. I'd rather see Miller get a shot and bring Stover in on occasion (as we did sometimes the past two years) when you need a few yards for a first down. 

On one of the chats, there was talk of U-Md's Bernhardt perhaps transferring in. What would you say the odds of that are?

Well again, I kind of like to keep those rumors on the chat, but I haven’t heard much about him coming here lately. Not sure I would give him a ship or at least not a full one. Not for a guy who will have only a couple of months to practice and learn the offense.

Not sure if we necessarily need to bring a QB. Regardless of what we do TF will be hard to replace, but I think they guys on the roster now could get it done. Stover was thrown to the wolves as a freshman 3 years ago in a season he wasn’t even supposed to start and wasn’t horrible. Since then he’s had 2 years to learn and grow. While we haven’t seen much of Jeff, for as heralded as a recruit he was he should atleast get a shot in the spring as well. Not to mention Tristan Harris, who could also be a dangerous dual threat if given a chance. Excited to see how these guys look in the spring

2 hours ago, TigerFan89 said:

Not sure if we necessarily need to bring a QB. Regardless of what we do TF will be hard to replace, but I think they guys on the roster now could get it done. Stover was thrown to the wolves as a freshman 3 years ago in a season he wasn’t even supposed to start and wasn’t horrible. Since then he’s had 2 years to learn and grow. While we haven’t seen much of Jeff, for as heralded as a recruit he was he should atleast get a shot in the spring as well. Not to mention Tristan Harris, who could also be a dangerous dual threat if given a chance. Excited to see how these guys look in the spring

This coaching staff needs more of a sure thing than a maybe. If they blow it, they might not be around in 2021. That’s why they are going to bring in somebody. That doesn’t mean one of those two guys might play great in the spring and win the job. They didn’t last spring and I know the conditions didn’t help. Stover also has some maturity issues he had to deal with in the past.

Stover did look improved in last year’s camp when he was battling Flacco. He didn’t have his speed but seemed to improve his accuracy on short to intermediate throws. The big concern with him is taking care of the ball.