• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Vermont, 55-38

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d also be worried about Gibson (zero points in last 2 games) & Timberlake (shooting 28% from the field so far this season). 

The former is a freshman, so ups and downs are going to happen. As for the latter, perhaps he’ll come on and wind up a 15ppg scorer by the time he’s a senior. But, at least for now, I’m not seeing it. Instead, I’m seeing a kid who simply isn’t a good shooter. And not just from the field either. He’s 2-8 from the foul line. Small sample size, sure, but still 25% is atrocious, especially for a guard 

Fobbs is supposed to be the leader and the guy that is going to play 35 minutes. I'm not as worried about a freshman. Yes, Timberlake should have had the rust off by now. To me, he's become too one dimensional. He's too athletic to be just a jump shooter. He has to play like Betrand and take the ball to the basket some times. Also, get him in transition more. Maybe, finally playing at home will hope both of those guys.

These are 18-22 year old young adults....they're very physically resilient.  Travel hiccups are not an excuse.  To blame this performance on travel related issues is to let Pat Skerry off the hook, yet again.  In a day & age when mid-majors across the country are taking down historic, blue-blood programs, to make a petty excuse as to why our Towson Tigers struggled against Vermont is pathetic.  Vermont is a strong team, but they're hardly unbeatable.  This Towson program will continue to wallow in mediocrity so long as Skerry is at the helm.  He is a poor recruiter and a poor schematic coach.  Provide as many alibies for him as you'd like......mentally strong, well-coached teams don't wilt due to travel complications.  This program is ridiculous.  Fire Skerry and fire Leonard.

• Thanks 3

38 points?! Half this board could shoot that. If this program wasn’t below average it could be an excuse.  Leave earlier. 7pm on a Friday ?when classes end by noon latest. Come on. We used to fly out by 1. 

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

38 points?! Half this board could shoot that. If this program wasn’t below average it could be an excuse.  Leave earlier. 7pm on a Friday ?when classes end by noon latest. Come on. We used to fly out by 1. 

Didn't you just say on another thread that they were probably going to leave the same day? The chartered a plane for the first time in history and still couldn't get off the ground. I don't know what the earliest time they could fly out, but let's blame TL, PS, DC. Maybe it was just bad luck. 

How fragile a team must Towson be that a few less hours of sleep or one less shoot-around amounts to a 38 point performance?  Johns Hopkins could probably find a way to score 38.  We don't need any apologists for this program or this head coach.  This is most likely a 12 or 13 win Towson team in 2019/2020.  Enough is enough.  Skerry is a classy guy and an outstanding individual with regard to his philanthropic efforts.....too bad he is a subpar D1 head basketball coach.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

How fragile a team must Towson be that a few less hours of sleep or one less shoot-around amounts to a 38 point performance?  Johns Hopkins could probably find a way to score 38.  We don't need any apologists for this program or this head coach.  This is most likely a 12 or 13 win Towson team in 2019/2020.  Enough is enough.  Skerry is a classy guy and an outstanding individual with regard to his philanthropic efforts.....too bad he is a subpar D1 head basketball coach.

Ivies do it.  It’s another excuse by the old timers on here.  Play better

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Ivies do it.  It’s another excuse by the old timers on here.  Play better

How did that George Mason snow game go in 2012 since you're such an expert on travel.

I'll give you one thing. Scoring 38 points in a basketball game, rough travel or not, was inexcusable. 

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

How did that George Mason snow game go in 2012 since you're such an expert on travel.

I'll give you one thing. Scoring 38 points in a basketball game, rough travel or not, was inexcusable. 

It was 2011. And it was miserable. Leaving at 2 for a 7pm game in fairfax is inexcusable. 

If the plane couldn’t take off.. get a damn bus. 

You have to try and try really hard to only score 38 in a game. Vermont isn’t uva. Numerous sub 50 point games under skerry is ridiculous and embarrassing 

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

It was 2011. And it was miserable. Leaving at 2 for a 7pm game in fairfax is inexcusable. 

If the plane couldn’t take off.. get a damn bus. 

You have to try and try really hard to only score 38 in a game. Vermont isn’t uva. Numerous sub 50 point games under skerry is ridiculous and embarrassing 

Can we bring in a shooting coach as an assistant? I've seen enough skerry ball that only consists of defense and robounding, its boring to watch and strategically hasn't worked. We need to focus on shooting jumpers and free throws in practice all day every day. Where my shooters at? Need somebody on this team to catch fire down the stretch and splash buckets for us when it matters.