• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Early Signing Day Thread

Just two early signings? That’s it? Yeah, there better be a lot of signings on the next date, as well as a bunch of transfers. 

They don’t have many seniors so it’s not going to be a huge class but I expected three or four. That means probably seven or eight in February.

We only lost two corners, a kicker, wide receiver, RB, QB, TE, five linebackers. That’s it, though ships can open up. 

Actually, I have 12 though wasn’t sure if Brandon Allen was on a full ship.

So yes, this is disappointing that we didn’t get at least five.

Why would anyone commit early to Towson or any FCS program?  If we had signed a big number today that would be settling for lower tier players.  Anyone that commits to an FCS school in December has no legitimate prospects for signing at a upper level school, which means that they are lesser-than level talent.  This is a poker game now a days, so the real time frame to watch for significant pops will be February signing day plus the week following.  You gotta get lucky.  T-West wasn't a signing day story... Time for RA to be a recruiter and work the magic.

Guys, we did not lose many seniors, and we brought in a big class last year. There will be more (Transfers) I am sure. No time to panic!!!

1 hour ago, etiger said:

Guys, we did not lose many seniors, and we brought in a big class last year. There will be more (Transfers) I am sure. No time to panic!!!

We lost about 11 on ship Ed. That’s still a very low number to bring in on a day that some people look forward to. When you also consider they can’t release info after December 20, that’s another six weeks of waiting for some names.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter as long as you bring in the right players.