• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Early Signing Day Thread

Yes, but we are equally balanced at most positions with the breakout of Fresh/Soph/Junior/Senior...Plus, DeBerry and Simpson are back. Both would have expired their eligibility this year. That would have been two more ships to give out. Transfers can't really be talked about yet as they have to make sure the grades are posted first.

7 hours ago, mat1992 said:

We had 10 early commits last season. Two is a very low number for even an FCS school.

Good lord, it's early signing day for the 3rd time ever.  Chime back in come February.  No one worth a damn would commit to an FCS school if they had a chance of going FBS.  That's just common sense.

2 hours ago, etiger said:

Yes, but we are equally balanced at most positions with the breakout of Fresh/Soph/Junior/Senior...Plus, DeBerry and Simpson are back. Both would have expired their eligibility this year. That would have been two more ships to give out. Transfers can't really be talked about yet as they have to make sure the grades are posted first.

Welcome back to the discussion after taking 88 days off eTiger. You must have been busy getting ready for the Playoff Tailgate. 

1 hour ago, BoogerJ said:

Good lord, it's early signing day for the 3rd time ever.  Chime back in come February.  No one worth a damn would commit to an FCS school if they had a chance of going FBS.  That's just common sense.

So, we're only going after guys that have a chance of going FBS? Yes, I'll stay away from the football board until February. Because nothing happens between now and then.

4 hours ago, etiger said:

We've had almost no news since the loss to Elon a month ago.  All we've talked about is North Dakota State in 2021 and well, whether the coach will be around for that game. I understand about transfers, though most of the important guys we pick up are usually after both signing days. So nobody really knows about them unless they come here and I'm actually allowed to post it or I found out on Twitter. The fan base, no matter how small we are, just needs a bit of a Christmas gift or now a New Year's gift.

DeBerry, Simpson, Bryant and Ron Johnson are not enough. We still need corners, two more RBs, a couple of outside linebackers and maybe one inside guy and obviously a QB.

19 hours ago, BoogerJ said:

Welcome back to the discussion after taking 88 days off eTiger. You must have been busy getting ready for the Playoff Tailgate. 

This is one of the reasons I do not post often...Garbage comments from the peanut gallery. I seem to get a personal attack when I post, so you all can have it. I wont post anymore. Chase off the most loyal TU fan of them all. I will still do what I do for TU, donate money, time and energy, and yes my tailgates, which most people seem to think are pretty good. I hope you all can be half the supporter that I am. 

Edited by etiger
Want to add more to it

FWIW, I thought it was a snide comment & completely unnecessary. Btw, I don’t know etiger, so I have no hidden agenda here. 

Some people post nearly every day, some don't. Who cares? Most of us are alums and fans of the program. We want the best for it, but nobody does more for the football program in the past 3+ decades than etiger. 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

FWIW, I thought it was a snide comment & completely unnecessary. Btw, I don’t know etiger, so I have no hidden agenda here. 

Agreed, ETiger has Given more than his share of time and money to support this university.