• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TUTigers

Mitchell twins leaving UMD

Are you thinking they would be an option here?  We have Thompson and atleast one uleymano next year.  Haven’t seen the younger one at a game in a while...   can’t hurt but leaving after 12 games or so is a red flag for me. Quitters

When they were here in Orlando at Thanksgiving, I had heard through a pretty informed person that Turgeon disliked one of the brothers (not sure which one, guessing the one that got zero playing time) and he expected him not to be on the team much longer.  I'd think these two are a package deal so having a pair of schollies available would be necessary.

20 minutes ago, Blounge said:

the Mitchell twins’ mom took to Twitter to rant about Mark Turgeon

Good luck at finding a quality program now. I heard academics and off the court issues for at least one twin. Mom just makes it worse. Sometimes you just have to say no to recruits no matter how big they are.

I wouldn’t touch these guys for all the tea in China. First, I’m not sure they’re even that good, but 2nd, is Mom Mitchell. Thanks, but no thanks. Also read they went to 5 different high schools. Can you say major red flags 🚩?

I did read the current Morgan State coach recruited them when he was at MD, so maybe they wind up there. 

I don't think Pat Ewing wants any more headaches after what he just went through. They'll end up at a school, maybe a P5/6 that needs size. But will have to wait 1-2 years minimum for both to mature on and off the court. Who needs that? And yes, we only have one ship and I don't think we'd even consider them if they wanted to go to a mid-major.