• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
tualum

Women's Hoops 2019

What in the world is going on with the ladies? After the success of last season they are way below .500 and 0-2 in conference. I thought the majority of the team was coming back or did we lose some key pieces? Not looking promising and would be disheartened to see the season go to waste after the tournament appearance last season...

Another extended coach, underachieving...I kid, I kid (sort of).  I was going to ask the question the other day, but don't know much about situation. The top players are back, and lost to 2 of the "bottom teams" at home over the weekend.  I knew we were going to repeat, JMU is really good, but damn.

They're just playing poorly. I watched parts of their first two CAA games at home against Elon and W&M. They played an awful second half against Elon and it carried over to W&M. They played zero defense and I think they really miss a post presence. Maia Lee (6-4) and Janeen Camp (6-5) are gone. They didn't really replace them. Lakaitlyn Wright (6-3) is decent. Tess Borgosz (6-4) I believe is hurt. 

And let's face it. Teams are gunning for us now. If you show up with your "C" game, you are getting beat. Teams are hyped to play the champs and we're just not responding. Shooting 38% from the field and 29% from long range doesn't help. They aren't getting a lot of easy looks inside and that where they miss Camp and Lee. That opened it up for the guards.

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

They're just playing poorly. I watched parts of their first two CAA games at home against Elon and W&M. They played an awful second half against Elon and it carried over to W&M. They played zero defense and I think they really miss a post presence. Maia Lee (6-4) and Janeen Camp (6-5) are gone. They didn't really replace them. Lakaitlyn Wright (6-3) is decent. Tess Borgosz (6-4) I believe is hurt. 

And let's face it. Teams are gunning for us now. If you show up with your "C" game, you are getting beat. Teams are hyped to pay the champs and we're just not responding. Shooting 38% from the field and 29% from long range doesn't help. They aren't getting a lot of easy looks inside and that where they miss Camp and Lee. That opened it up for the guards.

Oh ok. Looks like their departure is part to blame. Definitely need presence down low..

I'm also at the point where I think they need to pressure the ball more. Didn't see hardly any of that in the two CAA games. Mayo, Melo, Holder, and Q all need to get out in transition more.

Alright, they are back. Watched about 2/3 of the game. Had a 21-point lead in the first half against undefeated JMU and then Jeter hits a drive with 2.2 secs left. Tough game for Q. Murray going 1 for 11 shooting. Mayo had 23 and 12 though shut out mostly in the second half. Jeter with 27 on 9-of-18 shooting. Still getting outrebounded and that's a concern.Wright and Borgosz did a better job at center.