• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB adds home game on Feb 12

This is incredibly dumb on so many levels.  Why bother with this?  Are we paying for Regent's travel?  That's dumb.  Do we really think that people are going to show up for a Wednesday night game against a college CYO team and that will offset the cost of everything involved?  We're much better just having the extra practice time and not risking any sort of on-court injury.  But hey, the walk-ons will get to play.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

This is incredibly dumb on so many levels.  Why bother with this?  Are we paying for Regent's travel?  That's dumb.  Do we really think that people are going to show up for a Wednesday night game against a college CYO team and that will offset the cost of everything involved?  We're much better just having the extra practice time and not risking any sort of on-court injury.  But hey, the walk-ons will get to play.

Agreed. WTH?? I've missed 1 home game this last 3.5 seasons and really have to question going to this one.  Is it free to attend? Do my season tickets get me in?

35 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

i believe Skerry gets a bonus per win after reaching a certain amount of wins per year?

They are 0-21 in their last two seasons with 5+ cancellations..  I hope he doesn't, this is embarrassing.  

Sorry for the negativity everyone!

• Like 1

It appears we will actually be the 4th D1 team they play this season, having already lost to Morgan State by 36, Hampton by 43 & Howard by 58

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

It appears we will actually be the 4th D1 team they play this season, having already lost to Morgan State by 36, Hampton by 43 & Howard by 58

Are we joining the meac?!

Maybe this is an audition game. We have to beat Regent by more than 58 points to get in. Like others have said, this game seems pointless. Not sure what benefit there is, other than to the walk-ons. 

• Thanks 1

My only hope for this game is they are trying to retool the offense and scheduled this game to have another opportunity to do that. But it’s hard for me to believe that considering how stubborn Skerry seems to be.