• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Delaware 89-73 to go 3-3 in CAA (story)

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Yes. I know the schedule.  We will beat JMU...  We are Towson though and as always I’m worried about the next slip up.  

Why would you gloss over JMU if you are worried about the next slip up. They are a talented team.

Omg.  We are Towson.  2 steps forward and 3 steps back has been the norm.  So I’m confident we will beat JMU and sweep the homestand and I really hope we go on to run the table in the CAA but we tend to fall back to mediocrity.  Trying to stay positive but how many times have we all been burnt.   Again I’ll take the wins. 

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Omg.  We are Towson.  2 steps forward and 3 steps back has been the norm.  So I’m confident we will beat JMU and sweep the homestand and I really hope we go on to run the table in the CAA but we tend to fall back to mediocrity.  Trying to stay positive but how many times have we all been burnt.   Again I’ll take the wins. 

Just enjoy the win and take it one game at a time. JMU lost to Drexel tonight at home. That doesn’t mean Matt Lewis won’t go off for 30 against us next Saturday.

The interesting thing is we have people on this board calling for 4 and 5 wins in the league last week despite the fact we had played three of the top four teams in the 0-3 start. I try not to overreact to losses even though it’s tough to take.

The other issue is that Pat talked earlier this season about relying on seniors. Tunstall is having a tough year, Fobbs is very inconsistent and Sanders is well Sanders but at least he’s not fouling out a lot.

Betrand has been the team’s best overall player and is just a sophomore. Gibson while inconsistent with his shot, is pretty good for a freshman in terms of managing the game. Timberlake not sure what you’re going to get but has taken. But we don’t have to rely on the seniors. Even if we end at .500 in the conference, I’ll be more upbeat about the future because I think the ball movement is infectious. A lot of that has to do with inserting Gibson into the starting lineup. He may not get a ton of assists yet. He gets hockey assists. 

Knowing that big Vic is coming to protect the rim and can score some next season should help a good defense become elite. Still need another scorer and I think they go juco or grad transfer next season.

• Thanks 1

In the post game questions, it was asked what changed this week From last and one of skerry’s answers was defense. I’m sorry but he has to stop beating only this drum. This team played defense last week, but just could not score worth a shit because no one moved the ball and they didn’t push the tempo.

1 hour ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

In the post game questions, it was asked what changed this week From last and one of skerry’s answers was defense. I’m sorry but he has to stop beating only this drum. This team played defense last week, but just could not score worth a shit because no one moved the ball and they didn’t push the tempo.

LOL. Exactly. Against "3 really good teams that we can't complete with:"

42.4%, 34.4% from 3, 7.6 offensive rebounds allowed/ game, 7.7 TO forced/game

where as against a really bad team and 2 decent ones:

41.3%, 33.8% from 3, 10 offensive rebounds allowed/ game, 11.7 TO forced/game.

Scoring more, breaking the press and actually attacked, forcing live ball turnovers and shooting better are the reasons.