• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

UNCW preview

Hmm...  I would like to think I have a pretty good idea as to why they are doing this.  (I am assuming that they are getting a couple of bucks out of the deal.)  However as a person who was in the sports ticketing business for over 20 years the first thing that comes to my mind is "Towson has trouble selling their own tickets.  What makes them think that a deal with a secondary ticket market is a good thing? Especially with a company that no one has heard of?"  This is the Flosports of ticketing.  Good if it is a money grab for the Athletic Department but I would not be touting this deal unless they are going to assist the Ticket Office with ticketing as a whole.

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

Hmm...  I would like to think I have a pretty good idea as to why they are doing this.  (I am assuming that they are getting a couple of bucks out of the deal.)  However as a person who was in the sports ticketing business for over 20 years the first thing that comes to my mind is "Towson has trouble selling their own tickets.  What makes them think that a deal with a secondary ticket market is a good thing? Especially with a company that no one has heard of?"  This is the Flosports of ticketing.  Good if it is a money grab for the Athletic Department but I would not be touting this deal unless they are going to assist the Ticket Office with ticketing as a whole.

I think all caa teams are doing this. Would help with tourney tickets because people who lose and want to ditch theirs will have a market this year because the stadium is so small

Also, tonite is the 25th anniversary of the Louisville upset.  While a win tonite wouldn’t be an upset nor a reason to storm the court, it would be great if we had a decent, loud crowd like that nite. 

10 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Early line is Towson -11.  I think it's been a while since we were a double-digit favorite.

11 is a hefty number..

23 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Also, tonite is the 25th anniversary of the Louisville upset.  While a win tonite wouldn’t be an upset nor a reason to storm the court, it would be great if we had a decent, loud crowd like that nite. 

Hopefully. Looking at the tickets available.. looks like paying crowd will be sparse.. Saturdays looks much better. Hopefully the students show up and we don't lay an egg!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

OMG 25 years?  Damn I'm old!  Drove down from Philadelphia for that game.  Great night.