• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB wins seventh straight; takes out UNCW 77-66

Also, something that usually flies under the radar, but the singer for the national anthem is FANTASTIC! I know Pat is very superstitious and he's been there since Drexel (maybe before?).

Pet peeve of mine is the band... Why have and do they continue to do the shot clock count down wrong?!  They start it early for the opposing team.. it should be the opposite.. SMH

Spiro lives and dies for Towson and is as solid a broadcaster as there is. Do we want an objective person doing the games? I don’t. The W&M play by play guy kept referring to the Tribe as “we”. Now that’s blatant homerism but I guess to each his own.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Spiro lives and dies for Towson and is as solid a broadcaster as there is. Do we want an objective person doing the games? I don’t. The W&M play by play guy kept referring to the Tribe as “we”. Now that’s blatant homerism but I guess to each his own.

That's true. Hofstra has some young kids who are bad too. Would be nice to have an ex-player on the call with him. Maybe JD for games he isnt doing the "Flo Feed"?

I'm just happy we could beat the "hottest team in the CAA" with our "once in a blue moon shooting, pulling 3's out of our ass," along with "help from the refs all game" 😁 

Thanks for the pics Mat!  Seems like yesterday for this ‘84 grad. I had saved programs since ‘82 and videos of all their TV games. Is that Mike Colclough in the back? Good times! Let’s keep this streak going!

Good win, some will call it ugly.  But to get contributions from others when Betrand struggled and Fobbs had a slow first half--3 points--yet they still managed a comfortable margin most of the way.  

I think Burke is great not only for UNCW but for the league.  He is possibly the most animated and positive coach I've seen on the sideline in a long time.  We got to speak to the UNCW AD for a few minutes before the game, and he seems to be a big fan of what he's done so far and the changes he's made in the practice routines and culture.  I hope they keep him.  

The early onslaught of threes was unexpected but played a huge role in allowing them to keep the energy up on defense as well.   Really like the season Sanders is turning in, he can hold his own underneath with just about anyone in the league.  And has been mentioned the play of both Gibson and Timberlake if it can continue on the upside, could really spell some good things over the next few years. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Also, something that usually flies under the radar, but the singer for the national anthem is FANTASTIC! I know Pat is very superstitious and he's been there since Drexel (maybe before?).

Pet peeve of mine is the band... Why have and do they continue to do the shot clock count down wrong?!  They start it early for the opposing team.. it should be the opposite.. SMH

That guy who sings the anthem is GREAT!!

54 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Good win, some will call it ugly.  But to get contributions from others when Betrand struggled and Fobbs had a slow first half--3 points--yet they still managed a comfortable margin most of the way.  

I think Burke is great not only for UNCW but for the league.  He is possibly the most animated and positive coach I've seen on the sideline in a long time.  We got to speak to the UNCW AD for a few minutes before the game, and he seems to be a big fan of what he's done so far and the changes he's made in the practice routines and culture.  I hope they keep him.  

The early onslaught of threes was unexpected but played a huge role in allowing them to keep the energy up on defense as well.   Really like the season Sanders is turning in, he can hold his own underneath with just about anyone in the league.  And has been mentioned the play of both Gibson and Timberlake if it can continue on the upside, could really spell some good things over the next few years. 

I hope they don't! He seems like a real good players coach. Recruiting for him is a ?  But the players have responded to him 2-2 against the upper teams, is a good sign for him.

Bench played well yesterday  Dottin with 7 points on 2 threes! and 3 assists 0 turnovers in 11 minutes is good.  His defense will be needed tomorrow

7 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I hope they don't! He seems like a real good players coach. Recruiting for him is a ?  But the players have responded to him 2-2 against the upper teams, is a good sign for him.

Bench played well yesterday  Dottin with 7 points on 2 threes! and 3 assists 0 turnovers in 11 minutes is good.  His defense will be needed tomorrow

Yeah. I understand what you're saying. But trying to be unbiased, he is good fit there I think.   UNCW was a mess before Keatts and immediately after. Burke could turn things around, he's not just all show.  Skerry was complimentary of his defense changes.  

One funny note that many missed thst I just happened to cstch.  Late in the game I mean I think the last minute.  A ball went well over the heads of the UNCW bench into like the 5th row.

Burke turned around and clapped his hands at the fan like saying.....fire it to me baby.  The fan did and Burle fired a two handed chest pass right back at him.  Then caught it in return.  Then turned and handed it to the ref, smiling the whole time.  Good stuff. 

Yeah. He did something similar to that earlier in the game. Seems to keep things lighthearted which is the opposite of pat. 

Give him some height and some shooting, with their fan base. Could be a dangerous combo for the rest of the caa

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah. He did something similar to that earlier in the game. Seems to keep things lighthearted which is the opposite of pat. 

Give him some height and some shooting, with their fan base. Could be a dangerous combo for the rest of the caa

Expect for the fact that UNCW hasn’t invested in the resources needed to compete for titles. No practice facilities or nutrition station.   Are they paying  COA? Their 12 fans on the message boards are passionate, but is the administration?