• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Streak ends at 7; Riller leads CofC over MBB (story)

1 hour ago, Towsonfan2014 said:

I have to give props where it’s due. I hate Charleston with a passion, but Riller is the TRUTH. Wish we could recruit someone with his ability. He came in as a freshman and was already better than any guard on our roster the last 4 years. 

This is true. 

Also 9 gets us out of the play in game. Champ or 2 seed was extinguished today 

Extinguished?  Ummm, we're only 1 out of the logjam for first and who's to say that another 4 or 5-game streak isn't on the horizon?  Yeah, it's not helpful that we haven't beaten Hofstra and got swept by Charleston but there's way too much basketball left to be counting ourselves out.

I'll be very happy to never have to play against Riller again.  Probably a good thing I couldn't see or hear anything about that game today other than following score updates from the course.

Crazy day. Elon beats NE at home; Hofstra beats W&M on the road by 23 getting revenge for getting blasted by a similar score at home weeks ago; JMU crushes UNCW by 17; Delaware beats Drexel at home by 8.

Hofstra, W&M and Charleston in first at 8-3;
Towson 7-4
Delaware 6-5
Drexel 5-5
NE 5-6
Elon 3-8
JMU 2-9
UNCW 2-9

54 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Extinguished?  Ummm, we're only 1 out of the logjam for first and who's to say that another 4 or 5-game streak isn't on the horizon?  Yeah, it's not helpful that we haven't beaten Hofstra and got swept by Charleston but there's way too much basketball left to be counting ourselves out.

I'll be very happy to never have to play against Riller again.  Probably a good thing I couldn't see or hear anything about that game today other than following score updates from the course.

5 of 7 on the road. Tiebreaker with Charleston gone. Prolly Hofstra too. Come on. Be realistic 

9 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

5 of 7 on the road. Tiebreaker with Charleston gone. Prolly Hofstra too. Come on. Be realistic 

I’m often a realist.  And what realism tells me this year not just in the CAA but in all of college basketball is that nothing makes much sense.  So this time next week, we could be sitting in the 1 spot.  

3 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I’m often a realist.  And what realism tells me this year not just in the CAA but in all of college basketball is that nothing makes much sense.  So this time next week, we could be sitting in the 1 spot.  

Eh. Gonna agree to disagree on this one. Big 3 game road trip coming up

Regardless of of what you think the future holds, gotta admit this team has improved dramatically from start of year. Question is have we seen them peak? I hope not! But it’s been fun to watch as of late! 

• Like 2

Tough loss.  Didn't play the type of basketball in the 2nd half that had less to so many of these wins. 

Sanders was a non factor.  Kinda surprising with his play of late.  As mentioned they settled for too many contested shots.  Many of those came with the shot clock about to expire.  So gotta credit the COC defense as well. 

Love seeing the contined progress of Gibson.