• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Late Signing Period thread

36 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Pass rusher is an urgent need, IMO.

Also, Pigrome has put his name in the transfer portal. Any chance he'd want to play at FCS level?

I think I mentioned Pigrome somewhere. He's a great athlete and runner, but he's a bad passer. I would consider him, but to me, he's a slasher/Taysom Hill type, even at this level. He's a great athlete. I just don't think we have any interest. He's from Alabama, so maybe he goes to Troy or even a triple-option team like Georgia Southern. If he still wants to play quarterback. If he doesn't, I'd love to have him as a WR/RB/Running QB.

I think you have to be patient with finding a QB. Not reaching for a guy who's a poor passer and waiting for the next Flacco-type coming after the spring. There will be dozens of guys available after the spring from FBS schools looking for a chance to play.

From what I heard, we're looking at a bunch of grad transfers, not just QBs but another CB, OLB, and maybe a TE. I think they want to see what they have in the big TE from Maryland, who never really played there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

Pass rusher is an urgent need, IMO.

Also, Pigrome has put his name in the transfer portal. Any chance he'd want to play at FCS level?

It’s been needed for 6 years now. 

39 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I think I mentioned Pigrome somewhere. He's a great athlete and runner, but he's a bad passer. I would consider him, but to me, he's a slasher/Taysom Hill type, even at this level. He's a great athlete. I just don't think we have any interest. He's from Alabama, so maybe he goes to Troy or even a triple-option team like Georgia Southern. If he still wants to play quarterback. If he doesn't, I'd love to have him as a WR/RB/Running QB.

I think you have to be patient with finding a QB. Not reaching for a guy who's a poor passer and waiting for the next Flacco-type coming after the spring. There will be dozens of guys available after the spring from FBS schools looking for a chance to play.

From what I heard, we're looking at a bunch of grad transfers, not just QBs but another CB, OLB, and maybe a TE. I think they want to see what they have in the big TE from Maryland, who never really played there.

So one year band aids? No way to build a program

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s been needed for 6 years now. 

So one year band aids? No way to build a program

I didn't say one year. Flacco was a two-year grad transfer. They are looking at guys with two years left, but if they get a tremendous QB with one left, great. Then next season (if they are back), they have to do the transfer route again. Not like JMU doesn't do that. This is FCS where FBS transfers are how you build programs along with freshmen. Especially when you still don't pay COA like JMU and Delaware.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I didn't say one year. Flacco was a two-year grad transfer. They are looking at guys with two years left, but if they get a tremendous QB with one left, great. Then next season (if they are back), they have to do the transfer route again. Not like JMU doesn't do that. This is FCS where FBS transfers are how you build programs along with freshmen. Especially when you still don't pay COA like JMU and Delaware.

When grad transfer is mentioned, its assumed that they have 1 year left. Sorry. Some have 2 but most have 1.