• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Betrand leads MBB over Drexel 76-69

10 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

I don't think the majority of this group is really into giving credit.  

This was a great regular season win. 

However, I'm waiting for a Pat Skerry-led team to do something that they haven't done before, before I start throwing bouquets.  Has this team done something that we haven't seen in the previous 8 years?

It should be NCAA Tourney or Bust, for Skerry.  

6 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’ll absolutely give him credit for that. Some is also a product of minutes and shots increasing. Hopefully ab gets better year to year. Mike stayed the same. 

I’ll give him Benimon and Burwell improving in their sit our year. 

But for everyone of those you have the McGlynn, alex Thomas. McNeil’s, tj, Eddie Keith etc 

I’m not saying he hasn’t  had bad ones but that haven’t all been bad. He’s developed All-CAA players as transfers and freshman. I feel like the improvement from guys year over year is noticeable for a fair amount of guys. Throw in Damas and Sanders as well

On 2/9/2020 at 12:54 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

This was a great win. Made the trip to Philly and glad I did. Halftime adjustments by pat were great. Went zone a few possessions out breaks in second half. Also called his timeouts after we scored. The less play calling out of stoppages he does, the better. 

Betrand had the smoothest, least forced 31 points I’ve seen from a Towson player. Let the game come to him which had to be difficult as 75% of the people I was sitting with were his friends and family.  Dennis block late was huge and as much as he’s struggled (saying that nicely) Charles gave them some good second half minutes. 

Drexel’s coach was awful. He could have easily Won the game by feeding butler more.  They didn’t look at him the second half. Him and wynter could have beaten us but instead other dudes were shooting questionable shots. 

First time to the dac in years. They made some nice renovations. Almost looks like a real gym now. Sort of. 

I didn’t notice a cast on Howard’s hand but wasn’t really looking. He was walking fine without anything so I would have assumed it was an upper body issue. 

you rip the Towson staff 24/7 ...now you rip the Drexel staff?  lol.  its clear you are related to john wooden, you might as well come out and say so !  (im not mad at you, just happy you posted after a win !  you dominate the board after L's ) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

you rip the Towson staff 24/7 ...now you rip the Drexel staff?  lol.  its clear you are related to john wooden, you might as well come out and say so !  (im not mad at you, just happy you posted after a win !  you dominate the board after L's ) 

I'm actually the great grandson of Dean Smith.

All kidding aside, I dominate the boards win or loss. Last 5 victory threads 7 of 21, 11 of 38, 5 of 22, 3 of 14 and 8 of 25 posts.  The 3 post one was from one I didn't watch. So your statement is beyond false.

For as much as I rip Skerry and his staff, I do give them credit when its due. The adjustments made at half against Drexel worked. Drexel also could have won this game if they didn't get away from feeding Butler. We had foul trouble (and a shorter bench of bigs) in the first half and he could have compounded that by getting the ball early in the second half. Any basketball person could have seen that, as the entire Towson section was also pointing that out (along with the suspect officiating. Glad Drexel finally got a football team!)

Again, you can all rag on me all you want, and I continue to criticize the staff of this program as I see fit. They have not won anything to earn the benefit of the doubt. Will they this year? Probably not, but I would love for them to prove me wrong. There might not be a bigger TU hoops fan than I am and would love for them to win 3 in a row in March, however if history is any indication, we have a better chance of busing back to Towson on March 8th. It's not going to stop me from going to every home game, half the away games and the tournament every single year.

Folks can agree or disagree with TUTigers2012, but even his most ardent critics have to acknowledge his passion for TU sports, demonstrated not just by the volume of his posts, but putting his $ where his mouth his and attending games. 

Instead of sniping at each other, let’s focus on what happens on the court the next month. Trust me, they’ll be plenty time for recriminations afterwards, including probably some by me.  Maybe it’s just me, but I’m a little surprised some people don’t acknowledge that sports message boards are full of overly optimistic and overly pessimistic opinions, which change from game-to-game. I bet when W&M was 6-0 in conference that folks on their board had the team in the dance & the coach as COY. Now, fast forward to them having lost 5 of the last 7 & I guarantee some of the same posters who had them dancing are now posting that they’re in danger of dropping into the play-in games.

We don’t have an over abundance of passionate posters, & I don’t want to lose the ones we do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TSU, exactly. I read wm board and the old needs were planning where to have their selection Sunday party on campus. 

This has been a weird caa season but predictable where 6 teams were within 1.5 games going into the weekend. Look at northeasterns raw stars and if you didn’t know any better you’d think they are 2-4 team not 7.

Jmu is a must win. A place where we hardly ever win for some reason. Pats 1-7 down there against some not great teams 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

TSU, exactly. I read wm board and the old needs were planning where to have their selection Sunday party on campus. 

This has been a weird caa season but predictable where 6 teams were within 1.5 games going into the weekend. Look at northeasterns raw stars and if you didn’t know any better you’d think they are 2-4 team not 7.

Jmu is a must win. A place where we hardly ever win for some reason. Pats 1-7 down there against some not great teams 

Crazy we have had such back luck down there.  It is definitely a weird place to play a game.  It is a gym with no back drop behind the baskets which does make it a little awkward to shoot there.  During the PS tenure JMU has had some solid teams early on but its pretty shocking we haven't won down there the last 3 seasons. 

Finishing the regular season strong will be big for us.  Going a minimum of 3-2 is vital, 4-1 would be huge.  UD has a similar schedule as us so we'd have to get them with the tiebreaker which gets really confusing after H2H.  Would love to avoid CoC until the finals since they rely on 4 guys to play around 30 minutes.  Playing 3 straight days could beat them up a bit.  

6 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Crazy we have had such back luck down there.  It is definitely a weird place to play a game.  It is a gym with no back drop behind the baskets which does make it a little awkward to shoot there.  During the PS tenure JMU has had some solid teams early on but its pretty shocking we haven't won down there the last 3 seasons. 

Finishing the regular season strong will be big for us.  Going a minimum of 3-2 is vital, 4-1 would be huge.  UD has a similar schedule as us so we'd have to get them with the tiebreaker which gets really confusing after H2H.  Would love to avoid CoC until the finals since they rely on 4 guys to play around 30 minutes.  Playing 3 straight days could beat them up a bit.  

It is. Good point with the walls behind the hoops and like 3 rows of concert risers behind them. Also weird that you need to come down stairs in the middle of the crowd from the locker rooms.

Even the win we had was a late come from behind tight win with Benimon. Crazy thing is everyone we had a lead at some point in the second half, minus the one where Pat benched all of the starters and they rarely played.

Looking at old games against them, COVER YOUR EYES. 3 Point Shooting % at JMU:

2013- 29.4%

2014- 8.3% (Win)

2015- 18.8%

2016- 10%

2017- 16.7%

2018- 27.8%

2019- 26.7%

We did out rebound them in every game though😄