• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB beats Regent 71-55 (story)

10 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Gray’s absence is problematic. I’m concerned it could be especially problematic vs W&M’s twin towers next week. 

Or Saturday against Wilson, who is a load to handle. Big's need to stay out of foul trouble.

10 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’ve never met Thompson, but he seems like a good kid. Did meet Dottin, before last season, and was very impressed by him. 

Would be nice to have Gray back come tournament time. Based on the people I spoke to it’s iffy.

I think you can say that about most of Pat's players recently.  I think Dottin is a great bench player for 10-12 MPG. He can play good defense, rebound, and pass pretty well and brings energy. His offensive game is just limited. Hoping he can start to finish better on drives in the future, as he can get to the rim pretty easily. But his value is more than stats, he is always high-fiving people on the bench, rarely sulks when taken out, and when he is on the bench helps them out, by yelling out position, time on shot clock, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Or Saturday against Wilson, who is a load to handle. Big's need to stay out of foul trouble.

I think you can say that about most of Pat's players recently.  I think Dottin is a great bench player for 10-12 MPG. He can play good defense, rebound, and pass pretty well and brings energy. His offensive game is just limited. Hoping he can start to finish better on drives in the future, as he can get to the rim pretty easily. But his value is more than stats, he is always high-fiving people on the bench, rarely sulks when taken out, and when he is on the bench helps them out, by yelling out position, time on shot clock, etc. 

Gray wouldn’t have defended Wilson. That’s up to Sanders and Thompson. I think you go with more small ball looks from now until Gray returns, if he does.

IMO, Sanders has to play 30 minutes and stay out of foul trouble. Thompson has to give the team a quality 10-12 minutes at the five and maybe another 10 at the 4 unless you go small when Dennis sits.

27 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Gray wouldn’t have defended Wilson. That’s up to Sanders and Thompson. I think you go with more small ball looks from now until Gray returns, if he does.

IMO, Sanders has to play 30 minutes and stay out of foul trouble. Thompson has to give the team a quality 10-12 minutes at the five and maybe another 10 at the 4 unless you go small when Dennis sits.

Relying on Sanders to play 30 scares me. Hopefully he can stay out of the foul trouble 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Relying on Sanders to play 30 scares me. Hopefully he can stay out of the foul trouble 

I know. He has to play with more discipline and not go for steals. 

58 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Well obviously. But if Sanders/Tunstall get into foul trouble it limits what they can do.

Grays loss also hurts late in games. When you can go Fobbs, Gibson, Betrand, Gray out there thats 4 80% + FT shooters.

Gray is a big loss. They couldn’t afford to lose anyone from their nine man rotation. That’s what happens when you have two transfers sitting out, another player redshirting due to injury and one getting booted from the team.