• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB beats up on JMU 63-48

BTW, I haven't received it yet, but normally I get the ballots for the All-CAA team around this time. Right now, I'd have:

1st team

Riller -POY
Knight (close second)
Buie
Darling
Roland

2nd team
Fobbs
Pemberton
Cam Wynter
Sheffield
Van Vliet

3rd team
Betrand
James Butler
Matt Lewis (high scoring avg. Very inefficient)
Jaylen Sims UNCW gets a gift
Last one is tough
Brevin Galloway from Charleston
Ryan Allen from Delaware but that could change

Tunstall might make all-defensive team again since he's second in the league in blocks, though he's not having a great year defensivley. But considering we lead the league in field goal defense and points against, somebody should.

Didn’t watch this one but looks like a hell of a defensive and rebounding effort against a long bad shooting team.  Finally won in a place we don’t win!!  Keep stacking wins. Just wish we would have won the Charleston game

This team is playing well during this 30some game exhibition schedule. The only games that really matter are March in DC. However, it does need to be noted that they have a chance to succeed during the "real season".

32 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

This team is playing well during this 30some game exhibition schedule. The only games that really matter are March in DC. However, it does need to be noted that they have a chance to succeed during the "real season".

So if the regular season is an exhibition and you don’t care about the winning, why did you get so upset over the three-game losing streak to start fake conference play?

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So if the regular season is an exhibition and you don’t care about the winning, why did you get so upset over the three-game losing streak to start conference fake play?

Don't think he said he never cared about winning. Also he said the team has a chance of succeeding in the tourney this year due to recent play. The win was fine but the CAA is not a stellar conference but this might be our best chance to advance in the tourney which is what most are looking for. Wait and see approach...

• Like 1

Eight is Enough.  Pat is Dick Van Patten!

Something inside tells me this group is gonna get to the CAA final however my magic ball can’t see past March 10th. 

That DC Holiday hoops tournament gonna pay off for us in Quarters & Semis.

Exhibition or regular season, the goal is to get better every day. They were awful in the first 3 conference games, but they improved. That's good news. But it does not get you anything other than perhaps a higher seed in the only season that matters. Folks watch the Orioles in the exhibition season and want them to get better every day. If they go undefeated in their exhibition season, it makes no difference other than they got better. 

I am happy for many of the players that they have gotten better but we are approaching the only time it really counts. 

1 minute ago, tualum said:

Don't think he said he never cared about winning. Also he said the team has a chance of succeeding in the tourney this year due to recent play. The win was fine but the CAA is not a stellar conference but this might be our best chance to advance in the tourney which is what most are looking for. Wait and see approach...

Saying the regular season is an exhibition means that every win and loss is meaningless. Nothing can be further from the truth.There is a difference between the second seed and the ninth. The ninth seed has no chance to win the tournament. I’m also not saying that a loss in the quarters won’t mean that this season would be a failure. It would.