• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB beats up on JMU 63-48

6 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

The road to the 1 seed and the NIT bid:

--Win the last 4 games (anything less than that makes it pretty much impossible).  That puts us at 13-5.

--By winning all 4 games, we give W&M their 6th loss.  It would help if they win their last 2 against JMU & Elon (more on that shortly).

--By winning all 4 games, we give Hofstra their 3rd loss.  We'd need them to lose one more game (they have at Del/Drexel and JMU left) so they'd need to lose one of those roadtrip games.  That would make them 13-5

--Delaware loses one more game (they have home NE/Hofstra & at Charleston/UNCW left).  They won't get thru that undefeated.

--Charleston loses one more game to give them 7 conference losses (they've come this far with 6, 7 is pretty likely).

So that would leave the standings as this:

Towson & Hofstra 13-5, W&M & Delaware 12-6, Charleston 7+ losses.  W&M swept Delaware so they get the 3 which is important because if I remember correctly, the second tiebreaker after head-to-head is record against the next best team in the standings.  So us and Hofstra split.  Move down to that next best team which is W&M and we swept them while Hofstra has a loss to them.

So there's the map.  A tall hill to climb but this conference season hasn't made too much sense much like the rest of the country.  Start it with a win over W&M on Thursday night.

would be great

1 hour ago, Chris Datres said:

--Win the last 4 games (anything less than that makes it pretty much impossible).  That puts us at 13-5.

--By winning all 4 games, we give W&M their 6th loss.  It would help if they win their last 2 against JMU & Elon (more on that shortly).

--By winning all 4 games, we give Hofstra their 3rd loss.  We'd need them to lose one more game (they have at Del/Drexel and JMU left) so they'd need to lose one of those roadtrip games.  That would make them 13-5

--Delaware loses one more game (they have home NE/Hofstra & at Charleston/UNCW left).  They won't get thru that undefeated.

--Charleston loses one more game to give them 7 conference losses (they've come this far with 6, 7 is pretty likely).

Towson & Hofstra 13-5, W&M & Delaware 12-6, Charleston 7+ losses.  W&M swept Delaware so they get the 3 which is important because if I remember correctly, the second tiebreaker after head-to-head is record against the next best team in the standings.  So us and Hofstra split.  Move down to that next best team which is W&M and we swept them while Hofstra has a loss to them.

So there's the map.  A tall hill to climb but this conference season hasn't made too much sense much like the rest of the country.  Start it with a win over W&M on Thursday night.

That should have said we'd give Hofstra their 4th loss in the 3rd point.  🤦‍♂️

These guys are playing team basketball and even when the offense isn’t there (last game), they find ways to win (defense and rebounding). I still don’t have the most faith in Skerry with play calling and adjustments, but this team seems to be play well enough to have a chance in the tourney. That being said it is a cautious optimism because of the past. Either way they have got me hooked for better or for worse! 

Prove us doubters wrong in the tournament. I have little faith in him because facts and history are just that. With that being said I’ll be there all tournament long, as usual, win or lose. 

Should be a competitive one

On 2/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, Chris Datres said:

Just what could have been if we didn't play like crap in the second half against Charleston at home. Would be really in the thick of things and have lots of ties in tiebreakers that would make it crazy. Honestly, besides JMU, any of the other 9 can win a game or two in DC and honestly there are 6-7 with a true chance to make the title game. Pair that with it being a centralized (to the conference, not to ANYTHING else) location and it being a tiny arena, should be a wild tournament.

Also, you provided a lot of information there. Just wanted to share this cool site for anyone interested in scenarios, for all sports:

http://playoffstatus.com/colonialathleticbasketball/towsonstandings.html

On 2/15/2020 at 11:36 PM, mat1992 said:

BTW, I haven't received it yet, but normally I get the ballots for the All-CAA team around this time. Right now, I'd have:

1st team

Riller -POY
Knight (close second)
Buie
Darling
Roland

2nd team
Fobbs
Pemberton
Cam Wynter
Sheffield
Van Vliet

3rd team
Betrand
James Butler
Matt Lewis (high scoring avg. Very inefficient)
Jaylen Sims UNCW gets a gift
Last one is tough
Brevin Galloway from Charleston
Ryan Allen from Delaware but that could change

Tunstall might make all-defensive team again since he's second in the league in blocks, though he's not having a great year defensivley. But considering we lead the league in field goal defense and points against, somebody should.

We hardly agree on a lot Mat, but this is pretty spot on.

I would go..

1st Team:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Knight-POY
Riller (close second)
Buie
Darling
Roland (Most valuable to their team)

** Could go to any of these, Like the standings its pretty wide open**

2nd team:
Fobbs
Pemberton
Wynter
Sheffield
Van Vliet

3rd team:
Betrand
Butler
Lewis 
Galloway 
Allen 

Sims and Brace can sneak in too

Defensive Team:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tunstall                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Knight

Mutts

Buie (DPOTY)

Winter

Galloway

Rookies:

Walker (ROTY)

McIntosh

Woods

Phillips

Gibson/Ervin for the last spot. I'll give it to Gibson for a homer pick.

Coach of the Year:

Need to wait until the season is over. But if Elon can finish 9-9, 8-10, I'd go with Schrage, but Inglesby or Fischer could win it too. Yes FBS or Bust, I didn't choose Coen.