• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2021 Football Offers/Commits

Okay...a RB and a QB. Not a bad start in positions of need. Hopefully this starts the ball rolling downhill a bit. Towson is a bit behind JMU and Nova in number of 2021 commits. Would be nice to get some front seven guys on defense. 

Edited by Maharba10

As Mat said, Towson usually try’s to keep commitments quite.  Remember,  until a kid signs the LOI,  they are free to talk to any school.  Kent State swooped in and stole a LB commit a couple of years ago.

^Rob has said more or less that “other schools try to poach our players and their strategy is to intentionally go after the same guys as us because they know how good we are at recruiting” Might make sense to keep things low key so bigger schools don’t swoop in and steal our guys away from us

• Haha 1

Okay I will be more patient.  Must admit though...the question that begs to be asked is if Towson has to keep commitments quiet why don't other schools in the CAA do the same? Blasting it all over Twitter seems to be okay for JMU, Villanova,  etc. Also that wouldn't explain the two commits....did they go against Towson's requests not to publicize? I like the RB and the QB and I hope you are right and there are 3-5 already committed that are on the down low.

Edited by Maharba10

26 minutes ago, Maharba10 said:

Okay I will be more patient.  Must admit though...the question that begs to be asked is if Towson has to keep commitments quiet why don't other schools in the CAA do the same? Blasting it all over Twitter seems to be okay for JMU, Villanova,  etc. Also that wouldn't explain the two commits....did they go against Towson's requests not to publicize? I like the RB and the QB and I hope you are right and there are 3-5 already committed that are on the down low.

The "we are good at recruiting and need to keep it quiet" line is pretty damn funny.  We are pretty good at landing transfers that fall through the cracks.

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The "we are good at recruiting and need to keep it quiet" line is pretty damn funny.  We are pretty good at landing transfers that fall through the cracks.

Lol...I'm not qualified to judge recruiting.  I think that takes care of itself with wins and losses.  My intention is not to criticize.  Yet I know that recruiting is very different this year.  That said I can't help but notice the almost daily commitments to other CAA schools Ivies and Pioneer schools. I really like the first two and if this class is quality over quantity I am good with that.

• Like 1