• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax hosts No. 12 Cornell on Friday

I'll blog from here since I'm not going to the game, but you can catch it on LSN right now. Looks like Shane Brennan is back in the net.

Up 2-1, McCllelan facing off and has lost all four. Brennan has looked good so far. Two horrendous turnovers on offense. Now Cornell ties it 2-2.

9-6 Cornell. Bodden got hurt. I've never seen a Nads-coached team this bad defensively. It's not on Brennan. The D is horrible right now.

I just hope we win a game in non-conference play. This is basically transition time right now. Taking frustration penalties and losing all the 50-50 ground balls doesn't help.

10-6 at the half. Cornell has won 12 of 18 face-offs, but that's not the whole story. The D has struggled and we are getting killed on every 50-50 ground ball.

Not a whole lot to like about this team so far this year.  Can't win faceoffs on an even consistent basis (we'll never have the Woodall domination again).  Can't play defense.  Can't get many stops in net.  Can't get a ground ball.  When we get the ball, the offense is pretty blah (though 6 goals on 6 SOG in the first half was efficient).  This game changed at 6-6 when we had the ball and then got stripped and the ball got kicked around on the ground for about 15 seconds and 40 yards from one side of the field to the other and Cornell got it and scored.  We haven't seen the ball much since.  I know this is likely a transition year but given past successes, it's a little mystifying that we can't reload and keep going rather than going downhill so abruptly.