• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax falls to No. 12 Cornell 17-10

Ok, didn't go to this game, but did get a chance to watch it on my I-Pad. So I got a pretty good look. We went 10 of 21 on face-offs. McNallen started again and went 2 for 13. Huh? The freshman Santor went 7 for 17, so while that may not be Woodall territory, he should be starting. And they should look at another option. We can't waste the talent we have on offense because that's what we're doing right now. That's putrid but par for the course. Shane Brennan started for Tyler Canto and made 13 saves. Wasn't great, because the defense was putrid at times against one of the premier offenses in the country. Cornell is great on that end of the field. Not so great on defense and in goal, but we didn't have the ball enough. 

What pisses me off most is that they had 40 ground balls and we had 28. That wasn't all due to the face-off situation. Our play on the 50-50 ground balls was not good. It seemed like Cornell scooped up every ground ball that mattered on scrums in the middle of the field. Big Red always came up with the ball. That can't happen. That's not due to inexperience. We do have some young players out there, but also a lot of veterans. Just hoping that Gray Bodden wasn't hurt seriously, because he came out of the game early due to some kind of lower body injury and never returned.

Well one way to look at it if you want to compare 2013 to this year is that both years we lost to a team we shouldn't of as part of our 0-3 start.  Let's hope we still win the CAA and make the tourney.