• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Elon in home finale 84-71 (story up)

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Free agency. Just my opinion 

That's fine. If schools want to cheat and pay players, ultimately most get caught. Would you cheat to get a Zane Martin? I wouldn't. That's why he ended up in New Mexico. But like I said, we can give a little bit in terms of stipends and you have to get good grades to leave. But this is why every team in the CAA has to deal with this shit. It's a year-to-year thing. It's why juco recruiting has become enormous. It's why Pat and other CAA coaches have to keep one eye on all the juco studs left, the transfer portal and grad transfers. It's a complete CF.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

That's fine. If schools want to cheat and pay players, ultimately most get caught. Would you cheat to get a Zane Martin? I wouldn't. That's why he ended up in New Mexico. But like I said, we can give a little bit in terms of stipends and you have to get good grades to leave. But this is why every team in the CAA has to deal with this shit. It's a year-to-year thing. It's why juco recruiting has become enormous. It's why Pat and other CAA coaches have to keep one eye on all the juco studs left, the transfer portal and grad transfers. It's a complete CF.

It’s not cheating but why couldn’t a coach Now just come say “hey player 1 you’re to good for the caa come to the a10”. Atleast before there would be the consequence of missing a year 

Interesting when you mention the importance of JUCO recruiting. There are a number of CAA basketball schools (W&M, Elon, NE, C of C, DE, Hofstra) who I have no recollection of having JUCO’s (perhaps because of academics). Other than us, the only other schools that recruit JUCO’s are Drexel, UNCW & JMU

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s not cheating but why couldn’t a coach Now just come say “hey player 1 you’re to good for the caa come to the a10”. Atleast before there would be the consequence of missing a year 

Then how is that free agency? I thought you meant paying players under the table, which you know happens.

The others for Charleston that killed us: Jasper 1 for 8, Galloway 1 for 8, Miller 2 for 4 with 6 pts and 7 rebs. McManus 3 for 7 with 6 pts. Riller with 17 pts but not enough help. Down 9 with 2:00 left.

Final score: UNCW 68 C of C 55

C of C shoots a scintillating 1-21 from 3. C of C players not named Riller scored 36 points 

Edited by TSU88

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Then how is that free agency? I thought you meant paying players under the table, which you know happens.

Just poaching players. Should be their problem if they didn’t recruit and develop them. 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Interesting when you mention the importance of JUCO recruiting. There are a number of CAA basketball schools (W&M, Elon, NE, C of C, DE, Hofstra) who I have no recollection of having JUCO’s (perhaps because of academics). Other than us, the only other schools that recruit JUCO’s are Drexel, UNCW & JMU

Some of that. They are also seen as a quick fix/ band aid.  

Charleston couldn’t miss against us. But are 1-19 from 3 tonight. That’s 1-31 Towson level bad! Riller with just 11 shots is criminal 

So, we’re tied with DE for 3rd, at 10-6, while C of C is in 5th, at 9-7.

C of C closes at home, with DE & Drexel. I think at worst they split. If so, we would have to split on the road, vs Hofstra & NE, to finish ahead of C of C. If C of C wins both of its last 2 games, they would finish at 11-7. We’d have to win both of our last 2 games in that scenario to finish ahead of C of C. I don’t see that happening. 

So, who do we want to L the DE vs C of C game this Thursday, seeing as both us and DE are 10-6, while C of C is 9-7?