• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Darrick Jones

7 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Gary Durant didn’t play at Oak Hill and Steve Smith doesn’t take guys that are just dunkers. Now he obviously isn’t a finished product or he wouldn’t be coming here. But his ceiling is a lot higher than Fobbs. Let’s not expect him to come in and take Fobbs’ place right away. That hopefully will be Mims.

Yes, You don’t get to Oak Hill by just being an athlete.  From what I’ve seen of him, he looks good around the basket , with a mid range game.

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Can’t wait to see all the new Tigers this fall. Mims is another guy who has major hops. One concern I have with him is his weight, or lack thereof. Having seen him on the bench, he just looks really light-like 150-160 lbs. He’s officially listed as 185, so maybe I’m wrong 

He’s over 190.

I’ll take your word. I haven’t put him on a bathroom scale, but he just looks light to me. I concede I’ve only seen him from a distance though 

Looks like a crazy athlete. Would nice if we knew how to better use those...

On the mims weight question. Roland, Buie, riller are on the skinnier side and doing pretty well 

Let’s hope “thin is in”😆

The athleticism of next years team is intriguing. Victor U looks like he can run the court. I don’t know how much he’ll play next year, but Biekeu, the kid from Canada, looks like he could be quite athletic as well. 

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’ll take your word. I haven’t put him on a bathroom scale, but he just looks light to me. I concede I’ve only seen him from a distance though 

Even if he's 190ish, he'll have seven more months in the weight room in March-September to pack on a few more pounds of muscle. Tough to do right now through practice and school. Remember, he had surgery in the offseason so he probably didn't have much time to work in the weight room. My guess is he'll put on 10 pounds of muscle. 

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I know, more dunking. But when you have ups like that, might as well show it.

Flight ✈️ 23 cleared for takeoff 

Not worried about this weight at all. 
Thin truly is in well especially here on the West Coast. 

I’m seeing guys like Colbey Ross (Pepperdine), Jamaree Bouyea (SF) & TJ Hawes (BYU) have their way in the West Coast Conference. 

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I know, more dunking. But when you have ups like that, might as well show it.

Good exposure for the program