• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
tu_fan

Towson Clubs Hofstra

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I would think most schools will have a small contingent in D.C. NE averages 1,100 a game at home. They are a hockey school.

Yeah Ne attendance is awful. And that’s coming from us.. 

with 3,600 seats there won’t be a large contingent of anyone.  

DC good location for tourney. Arena in a bad neighborhood and alittle to small. 

Hate the sat-tues format and that we are a week before most other conferences. Feel like it hurts the team going to the NCAA’s. I know it’s for “tv” but for cbsn on a Tuesday?  Psht 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah Ne attendance is awful. And that’s coming from us.. 

with 3,600 seats there won’t be a large contingent of anyone.  

DC good location for tourney. Arena in a bad neighborhood and alittle to small. 

Hate the sat-tues format and that we are a week before most other conferences. Feel like it hurts the team going to the NCAA’s. I know it’s for “tv” but for cbsn on a Tuesday?  Psht 

Joe D. doing great work. But hey, at least he gets a lot of nice selfies and practices with all the women's teams.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Our athletic department should look into chartering some buses to get some students down to DC. 

Yeah they should but will they?  Will they have interest?  I would think if they started it early they could do some funding for it. I know college kids don’t have 50-60 bucks for the trip. But if they asked alum and season ticket holders to contribute money for tickets (for non athletes of course!). I wouldn’t mind “sponsoring” and paying for some student tickets to get them down there.

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

Joe D. doing great work. But hey, at least he gets a lot of nice selfies and practices with all the women's teams.

Lol. He’s in over his head. 

Has anyone else been to the ArenA??

9 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I would think most schools will have a small contingent in D.C. NE averages 1,100 a game at home. They are a hockey school.

All the more reason to try to get some of our students there. Attendance will probably be “meh,” but W&M & DE might have decent turnouts. Not sure about C of C or Hofstra 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. He’s in over his head. 

Has anyone else been to the ArenA??

I went to the game we played there vs Liberty. It’s not a bad little venue. I think it might seat more than 3,600. It’s not in a good neighborhood, but DC police had a presence in the area when I went. I felt safe. I’m assuming they’ll have even a bigger presence for the tournament 

Edited by TSU88

Good win. Wondering if Hofstra didn't put everything out there since they were in a good spot anyway. Arena is in a bad area but heard there are plenty of cops around there. Was thinking about making the short drive there. If you don't go looking for trouble you should be ok.. lol

Edited by tualum

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I went to the game we played there vs Liberty. It’s not a bad little venue. I think it might seat more than 3,600. It’s not in a good neighborhood, but DC police had a presence in the area when I went. I felt safe. I’m assuming they’ll have even a bigger presence for the tournament 

Same.  It is small. I was saying 3,600 after they take out seats for band and "students"  There is literally NOTHING around it. Not even a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.  The cops on EVERY corner after the game was good.

Also, NE start freshman PG got hurt last game against Drexel and according to their board will probably be out until the Tournament..

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

As soon as I saw “Max & Eddie” I immediately knew they’d be blatant homers & I hit the mute button 

Kid on the right used a drake lyric in a sentence casually I laughed . But the rest was not good lol 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Same.  It is small. I was saying 3,600 after they take out seats for band and "students"  There is literally NOTHING around it. Not even a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.  The cops on EVERY corner after the game was good.

Also, NE start freshman PG got hurt last game against Drexel and according to their board will probably be out until the Tournament..

NE PG, Tyson Walker, was quite good vs us last game. If I recall, he scored 17. If he doesn’t play Sunday that would be a plus for us