• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB beats Hofstra 76-65 to break their 8-game winning streak

So, if we W tomorrow, we play NE in the 3-6 matchup. If we L tomorrow, we play DE in the 4-5 game, is that right?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

So, if we W tomorrow, we play NE in the 3-6 matchup. If we L tomorrow, we play DE in the 4-5 game, is that right?

Yes, I believe Charleston has the tiebreaker over Delaware because they beat us twice so yes, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

As a 3 seed, we wouldn’t have to play C of C or Hofstra until the finals, assuming of course we made it that far. At least I think that’s the case 

As a 4 or 5 seed, I would think we’d to play Hofstra in the semis, if we win our 1st game 

Also makes a huge difference in what time we play on Sunday. 4/5 game is at 2:30; 3/6 game is at 8:30pm

Edited by TSU88

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

As a 3 seed, we wouldn’t have to play C of C or Hofstra until the finals, assuming of course we made it that far. At least I think that’s the case 

As a 4 or 5 seed, I would think we’d to play Hofstra in the semis, if we win our 1st game 

Also makes a huge difference in what time we play on Sunday. 4/5 game is at 2:30; 3/6 game is at 8:30pm

Yeah, I wonder what time the subway ends on Sunday. I might not get out of there until 11pmish after the press conferences. It says 11pmET on Sundays so I guess I'll be taking my car if it's 8:30pm. So go Northeastern (lol).

For those of us going to the game, who have to go to work Monday morning, the 2:30 start time is definitely better. I’m not getting home until around midnight if we’re the 8:30 game 

Not that many of our students are going to the game in any event, but an earlier start would be better for students with early classes on Monday morning 

Edited by TSU88

No matter what time the game starts, some people are going to be happy, others not so much. I’ve been wrong before, but I would think, on balance, the TU contingent at the game would be higher if the start time is 2:30. Of course, it’s possible the difference would be negligible 

Yeah it’s either NE 830 If we win or Delaware 230 if with lose. I’m down there all tournament so time doesn’t matter... prefer the last time slot so I can enjoy the earlier games. 

In another post I mentioned how they need to move back to a fri-mon or to a thurs-sun format.  We really aren’t on tv so who cares/is the competition? A 4 game Saturday and then semi Sunday would have to draw a lot more than then what they have now.  Uncw and Charleston doing good in the first two years at N Charleston helped. DC Or Baltimore is the best place for the conference now.  It’s in the Middle East to get to for almost all teams and fans. No one has and advantage. Let’s face it, we could go 22-6 and 16-2 in caa and wouldn’t come close to putting 4K in rofo. Especially if the baby turtles are playing somewhere. 

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

The CAA ranks 16 of 32 conferences in the latest RPI. That is still mid major and yes, the SoCon is 13. America East is 21, the definition of a good low major conference.

We used to be 8-12 and put multiple teams in the dance.  Transfers hurt just as much as the defections of the Virginia schools. 

Scheduling is bad.  Charleston and ne over the last 5 years have been the only ones to get and bear consistently good teams. It’s not all our fault as bigger teams won’t play us. But NCAA units are HUGE to smaller conferences. 1 a year isn’t going to cut it.  Something needs to change    

Play better.  Take advantage of the games you do get to play against the higher conferences.  Hofstra dumped UCLA early in the season and that's been a zit on UCLA's resume if you listen to the talking heads.  W&M had a chance at Oklahoma and didn't do much.  We had an opportunity at Florida and let it slip away.  Charleston beat Providence, a team that looks like they're headed to the Dance.  The opportunities are few but each team in the CAA gets them in the early part of the season.  Just have to have more conversions.