• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB beats Hofstra 76-65 to break their 8-game winning streak

On 2/29/2020 at 2:43 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

So because a guy who “turned it around” but never made the NCAA’s in a weak conference and a little above 500 record had 15 years of job security before finally leaving, we won’t get good candidates?🤔

I’ve said this before. You don’t know until you try. There are tons of young hungry coaches out there.  I along with others would love for Towson to be a stepping stone school for coaches because that means they won. Rather than middle aged coaches being here over a decade and stagnant programs???

Couldn't agree more.

I know it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but living here in Atlanta the last 10 years, this Skerry situation reminds me a lot of the Georgia Tech and Paul Johnson situation.  A large faction of GT fans became somewhat content, or maybe convinced, that PJ was as good of a coach as they could ever get.  GT was bowl eligible most of his seasons and had their fair share of upsets against "elite" schools....by most measures, PJ was a very successful coach.  Lots of people saying "who would we get that would be better than PJ"?

However, there was persistent feeling among other GT fans that the program could/should achieve MORE.  Dump their archaic offense, recruit better athletes, aggressively market the program.  Along comes Geoff Collins from Temple.  Granted, his first season was rough playing with most of PJs kids, but the excitement around GT football in this city is through the roof.  He put together a top 25 recruiting class.

They will be a force in the ACC in the next 2-3 years.

Towson basketball could/should accomplish a lot more than they have in the Skerry era, and there's someone out there who can do it.

Go Tigers!!