• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Should we go to the CIT or CBI?

I know, this is one of the dumbest threads of all time, but it's the elephant in the room. If we do lose, whether it's the quarters, semis or even finals, we could certainly go to postseason. We declined the CBI and CIT a couple of years ago. I'm not sure it's worth paying for, especially with just eight players (maybe Gray would be ready for that extra two weeks off). 

Just wanted to know people's thoughts, because let's face it, you can say it's either CAA title or bust, but if you win a game or two, maybe they feel good about themselves and would want to play some more. But of course, they'd have to go on the road.

Personally, I'd say take it. I haven't spoken to TL or PS about it. I might after the tournament run is over. Maybe the seniors wouldn't want it. It might help the three freshmen. 

Yes. It means what 1-2 more weeks of practice at minimum? That can’t hurt. I agree though having gray back would help the decision. 

Dont see us paying to be in it

As a fan, I say go. Don’t these tournaments require teams to pay to play? My guess is we wouldn’t pony up 

It costs money to host a tournament game, which isn't worth it. It costs money to travel, so you hope you get a game within a few hours so you don't have to pay for a hotel.

14 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Absolutely need to play...  no question!

These guys deserve postseason play whichever tournament we land.  

What makes them DESERVE it? AN athletic department that has financial struggles can not afford to pay significant money to play against some team that finished fourth in their conference. 

14 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

What makes them DESERVE it? AN athletic department that has financial struggles can not afford to pay significant money to play against some team that finished fourth in their conference. 

third*