• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA ballot

BTW, I try to be objective every season and the first three teams are easy. Fairly easy. Defense is a bit tougher because guys just go by numbers, blocks and steals. I threw in Luke Loewe, the W&M guard, who has been key to their defensive resurgence, but I bet he doesn't make it because he only has 14 steals. Buie is probably a lock to repeat as DPOY though Brevin Galloway leads in steals. So I threw Tunstall on there, because Towson should be represented as the top defensive team in the league, though you could say Fobbs was also damn good since he usually guarded the team's best offensive player. I also think Betrand and Dottin are very good and Sanders has improved immensely. I put Betrand on third team and Fobbs on the second team as I had mentioned in an earlier post. Coach of the Year was a no-brainer with Dane Fischer of W&M, who took over a team that lost more than half the players to graduation and transfers. Went with Knight as POY mainly because Charleston struggled lately, though they could end up in third. Both had great years.

But the oddest category is sixth man of the year and I went with my black-and-gold bias: Nick Timberlake. Nothing against Nick, but this was not a great group. Smart from Charleston, Juric from Dreel, Jacobs from JMU and Blair from W&M. I think Nick does what a Sixth Man needs and that's provide energy. He did lead those guys in scoring at 6.3 points and shoots a respectable 35% from long range. I don't know who is going to win that award. Maybe W&M's Blair because they had a slightly better year.