• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB gets 3rd seed; Squeezes by NE 75-72 in finale

Dottin has improved at the line. Last year I seem to recall he was pretty atrocious 

Im doubtful it’ll happen, but I’d like to see Gray in uniform next Sunday 

9 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Not sure I would put Gray in that category. Even if he's back, I don't know if I want him on the floor late in games. No way he's 100%. But sure, have Dottin inbound it and take Timberlake out. I think Gibson's slight frame makes it a bit more difficult for him to get open with all that traffic. But, you're right. Dottin might be the guy, though his FT shooting is iffy. Let's say he gets the ball to Betrand, he gets doubled and gives it back to Dottin who is 22 of 31, which isn't bad at 71%, but he's had very few opportunities. Gibson is 57 of 64, which is 89.1% and Four territory. He needs to get to the line more in the future.

I was talking about a healthy gray

16 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. Getting boat raced the first 3 games of caa play wasn’t good. A tight game late at Uncw facing 0-4 start would have been bad. Glad I and others were wrong. 

7-2 on the road is really something. They’ve won them different ways too which is impressive. They are going to need to bring it next Sunday. NE isn’t a bad as their 9-9 record is. They were missing their second best player/freshman of the year Today. 

As mat said we need the early February betrand back. 

And of course the pitch forks would be back with a loss. That would be 2-7 which is beyond unacceptable. 

Agree, if they lose, a 3-7 record In the tournament is hard to defend.  

That said, they will be relying on alot of youth next weekend, Gibson, Betrand, Dottin and Thompson are all young.  But tournament time is time to grow up and show you belong.  I hope they do. 

Edited by bucketsandbirds

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

Dottin has improved at the line. Last year I seem to recall he was pretty atrocious 

Im doubtful it’ll happen, but I’d like to see Gray in uniform next Sunday 

Even if he just comes out in warm ups for “show” and sits on the bench dressed. Gives hem something to think about. 

I know he got hurt against Drexel but does anyone know what injuryTyson walker suffered?

Just now, bucketsandbirds said:

Agree, if they lose a 3-7 record In the tournament is hard to defend.  

That said, they will be relying on alot of youth next weekend, Gibson, Betrand and Thompson are all young.  But tournament time is time to grow up and show you belong.  I hope they do. 

It would be 2-7.  And we also rely on 2 5th year seniors, a 4 year senior and if healthy a 4 year junior.  We aren’t running out 4 freshman like Elon is 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Even if he just comes out in warm ups for “show” and sits on the bench dressed. Gives hem something to think about. 

I know he got hurt against Drexel but does anyone know what injuryTyson walker suffered?

Walker suffered a shoulder injury and his arm was in a sling. Probably a good chance he misses the game, but Murphy should be back.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It would be 2-7.  And we also rely on 2 5th year seniors, a 4 year senior and if healthy a 4 year junior.  We aren’t running out 4 freshman like Elon is 

Ok. Bad math by me.  It is a good "mix" of vets and youth.   Hopefully they can put a complete 40 minutes together.   Going against a Bill Coen coached team with a week to prepare for what he just saw first hand in a loss is no small task. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Walker suffered a shoulder injury and his arm was in a sling. Probably a good chance he misses the game, but Murphy should be back.

Really on Murphy? If so yikes. He gives us fits and adds a true big man. He got hurt early on and thought he was going to red shirt. The NE fans seem to think walker would be back 

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Really on Murphy? If so yikes. He gives us fits and adds a true big man. He got hurt early on and thought he was going to red shirt. The NE fans seem to think walker would be back 

They mentioned that on the broadcast. He could give us a fits and prevent a small lineup. But who knows how he'll play after not playing a real game on 2-3 months. You'd probably have to play Tunstall at least 25 minutes, if not 30 and that would take away some offense.

I hope Murphy doesn’t play, but if they want to burn a whole year of eligibility, it’s up to them.

Thought I heard them say on the broadcast today that Walker wanted to play today, but Coen nixed that, with an eye towards him playing in the tournament