• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

CAA Tournament Thread

39 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He does well with transfers also, but he, you know, can actually coach 

Really? I didn't know that. My point was that a star can matriculate on this team. The offense was centered around Fobbs, who apparently was a transfer, so a "star" or "very good player" can certainly be the focal point and be productive on a Skerry team.

Since skerry has taken over we have the least amount of caa tourney wins. That includes Elon and Charleston who joined after. 

Im not saying pk is a better coach. But 5-7 in the tourney vs 2-7(8).

Let those numbers sink in...  absolutely Mindboggling 

Btw, barring a huge Elon rally (they trail by 17 with 14 minutes left) the final will be a rematch of last year-Hofstra v NE. How is that each of these teams lost a huge impact player from last season (Hofstra=JWF & NE = Puscia) yet they each made it back to the championship game? 

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, barring a huge Elon rally (they trail by 17 with 14 minutes left) the final will be a rematch of last year-Hofstra v NE. How is that each of these teams lost a huge impact player from last season (Hofstra=JWF & NE = Puscia) yet they each made it back to the championship game? 

Good coaching (ne). Good recruiting (hof). 

Pride play open and free with 4 shooters/athletes who can shoot pass and drive with 1 big.  And then 2-3 zone 

“come to Hofstra and play a ton of minutes in a fun 21st century’offense”

18 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Good coaching (ne). Good recruiting (hof). 

Pride play open and free with 4 shooters/athletes who can shoot pass and drive with 1 big.  And then 2-3 zone 

“come to Hofstra and play a ton of minutes in a fun 21st century’offense”

Unless you are the 6-13th man. Then just come and watch.

36 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Unless you are the 6-13th man. Then just come and watch.

3 final appearances in 5 years. 3 regular season titles. But yeah sure 

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

3 final appearances in 5 years. 3 regular season titles. But yeah sure 

And if you want to say it's all the system, I don't agree. It's the players first; then the system. I like the system more when I have Buie, Pemberton, Ray and Coburn. Three outstanding shooters, one excellent creator for others and one slasher. That helps. Even Pemberton is hitting 38% of his threes. You have four shooters averaging around 39% from three anchored by Buie. Not saying our system isn't antiquated to an extent, but the ball movement was a lot better than last year. If guys aren't making open shots, well then we are f-cked as we were on Sunday night.