• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

CAA Tournament Thread

Not only do we need new leadership but the caa does too.  Sat-tues format doesn’t work and hurts attendance. It’s on a shitty streaming service and channels most people don’t get. There are 5 championships tonight and 4 are on espn. Summit nec and horizon. 

Need to have the sections behind the benches Reserved for that school and then move between games. I don’t mind the arena. It’s nice and decent size unless jmu and wm play each other. The neighborhood just has nothing goin on in it. Nor will they in the next two years. 

• Like 1

Hofstra gets off the 19 year schneid.

Other than W&M, we have the longest drought in the conference of not going dancing. I’m not counting Elon. Although they’ve never been to the dance, they’ve been in D1 for a much less period of time than us

Congrats to Hofstra. Best team all year. I thought Coen should have stayed with Roland and Mad Max late in the game. Taking both out with four fouls under four minutes left with a close game proved to be their undoing. Buie took over to seal the deal. 

Really good team. I think they can win a game in the tournament.

Mat, I agree about Roland & Borsiquot. I think Coen made a mistake taking them out. Having said that, Roland did not have a particularly good tournament. I think he averaged about 13ppg. Honestly, I don’t think NE will miss a beat without him next year. Assuming they all come back, NE will have Walker, Walters, Murphy & Borsiquot. That’s a good nucleus, plus whoever Coen brings in to add to that group.

Also agree that if I were a P5, I would be wary of drawing Hofstra in the tournament 

Edited by TSU88

If they draw a team that can’t shoot well, then their zone will give them a chance. A big quick guard will give buie some problems since he’s not tall. 

I’d say hoftsra ne Delaware would be top tier. Elon us drexel. The next group. Wm loses to much to judge.  Uncw and jmu have questions on coaches. 

13 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Both teams shot 10-25 from 3 tonight. 
How often if ever do you see a stat like that!!??  Nuts. 

Depends on how often Towson plays a bad shooting team.

I'll say this... I guess it's a good thing that we lost and didn't make it to the Dance. We all would have wanted to be there and as of now there won't be fans..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2021 sites to start familiarize ourselves with...

Dayton/Providence/Boise/Detroit/Wichita

Lexington/Raleigh/San JOSE 

I’m buying a round for all on this board...  shot & a 🍺 

PS- Any word on the non conference schedule yet!!!!??  Do we travel to Virginia Beach!!!?? 🏀😁