• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

CAA Tournament Thread

Let's get this started:

Game against a tough team with championship pedigree. Sunday at 8:30 PM! Need a good showing down in DC

https://caasports.com/tournaments/?id=143

https://alumni.towson.edu/s/event/a390h000001psfxAAA/caa-mens-basketball-pregame-party

Odds according to KenPom..

image.png.e685eeeb18f3ee1850890348bf6844e8.png

CAA Insider Picks:

image.png.dd3db882bdf82c00abf121fb6d2481e4.png

Not sure how well he is doing his job.. His list is definitely missing someone...

It’s going to be challenging, though not out of the question, to beat NE 2X in 9 days, even more so if Walker and/or Murphy are in their lineup this time.

Cant give Roland & Brace uncontested 3’s. Have to win on the boards & get out in transition. Sanders needs to be a key element of the offense, Betrand has to as well. Fobbs & Gibson knock down their shots & get some meaningful contribution out of the 3-man bench.

Simple as that 🤓

Other than having NE in the first round, these are prob the best match-ups for us to advance.  Having CofC, Del and Hofstra on the other side of the bracket was ideal.  The only way this could have been better was if Elon finished 6th and NE 7th.  

Although W&M had a good season, I can't help but think that team is all Knight and smoke and mirrors.  I believe they are the weakest of the top 5 teams. 

Whoever gets to the championship game from our side of the bracket is going to get a very tired CofC, Del or Hofstra (all of whom have little depth).

I'd like to get payback for the 2014 TU team and knock out W&M in the semis.

• Like 3

It's right there in front of us.  Other than Charleston, who we may never see, we've beaten everybody else in the bracket.  Finishing the season 13-3 has to say something for their capabilities in the postseason.  But again, game by game basis.  Get a better defensive effort against NE this time around (great mention of the bad hedges by someone in the postgame thread) and choke the life out of them.  This team is too good to be one and done this season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chris Datres said:

Credit @RundaPower for the 'bad hedging' post in the postgame thread.  I don't like how we can't edit posts after we've navigated away from the page after making one.  

We always have and seem to always will hedge hard and high on screens. We get moving to much and everyone over-rotates to help and we leave shooters open. That needs to be cleaned up as Brace and Roland can shoot the 3

6 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Credit @RundaPower for the 'bad hedging' post in the postgame thread.  I don't like how we can't edit posts after we've navigated away from the page after making one.  

I didn’t realize you guys can’t edit posts after leaving. So only mods can do that?

Right or wrong, it’s what we do, Jamie Dixon and Mark Turgeon amongst others hedge on screens with bigs, leaving the opposing big open usually underneath. The idea is to take time off the clock and break up the pick and roll but the big has to avoid fouling and he has to get back to the screener or somebody has to switch.

The CAA Tournament is one of the most predictable ones in the NCAA. Just hypothetical seeing what others think of a change to the format like the WCC, OVC and Sunbelt where it would go:

8 VS 9---Winner VS 5--- Winner VS 4---Winner VS 1

10 VS 7---Winner VS 6---Winner VS 3---Winner VS 2     

1 and 2 seeds get a Triple Bye to Semis   3 and 4 seeds Double Bye   5 and 6 Single Bye