• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

CAA Tournament Thread

59 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Towson (19-12, 12-6): The Tigers have lost three games since January 3rd. Their 12-3 record since that date is tied for the 12th best nationally. Like the other top teams in the conference, TU does it through their offense. They are 11th in FT%, 20th in steal %, 38th in block % and 49th in OR%.

Doing it through their offense....

Lots of optimism here which is good. However everyone else will be playing their A game and I wouldn't be surprised if we're sent home early by NE due to defensive lapses and other mental lapses during the game. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning it all. I would be happy with a win on Saturday. Good improvement during the past few games at least...

Edited by tualum

11 minutes ago, tualum said:

Lots of optimism here which is good. However everyone else will be playing their A game and I wouldn't be surprised if we're sent home early by NE due to defensive lapses and other mental lapses during the game. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning it all. I would be happy with a win on Saturday. Good improvement during the past few games at least...

This is definitely as good as a year as any

13 minutes ago, tualum said:

Agree. I do feel like if we can get past NE, we will win the Semis.

I'm going to get killed here (by FBS) but experience, good coaching and pedigree count towards something this time of the year. NE's last 5 CAA Tournaments:

2019 3-0 Champs

2018 2-1 Lost in Finals in OT. Had a big lead against the home team and lost it. But royally screwed in that one with an AWFUL travel call with 15 seconds left.

2017 0-1 We beat them easily.

2016 1-1 Lost by 3 to Champ UNCW in the Semis

2015- 3-0 Champs

Past is the past, but they did have Roland and Brace last year and Brace and Burquoest the year before.

Hoping that us playing two games there this year and Gibson playing some in HS, helps