• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax falls at UMBC 10-5

https://towsontigers.com/news/2020/3/3/mens-lacrosse-falls-at-umbc.aspx

It was 5-3 Towson in the third quarter and Towson did not score a goal the final quarter-and-a-half. Why? Faceoffs were the main culprit. At this rate, it's not going to happen so I don't think we're going to get a win this year. The offense isn't good enough or efficient enough to overcome the terrible play at the X. Joey Chestnutt, who played ok at Loyola, was bad tonight. He went 4-of-17 and committed two penalties in the second half for his third and fourth violation. I'm sorry, but there's being patient and there's costing yourself the game by not changing it up at the X. Shane Santor should have come in the third quarter when it was slipping away. We had two win several face-offs due to penalties, and we didn't. Bad penalties, 17 turnovers including nine in the first half. Sloppy passing on offense.

I just don't like the offense. We're experimenting, moving Mazza to midfield (dud). Avanzato back to attack to play with Fromert (didn't work). Same struggling second midfield unit. Same unathletic players who can create space. Maloof had a goal tonight he has struggled big-time even get a shot near the goal. Austin Stewart just doesn't shoot but is a good passer. But again, where is the creativity and speed at midfield? All the speed is on the defensive side and they were just worn down tonight. All the face-off losses meant so much possession time.

You can't win like that. You can't win when you get outshot 43-30. We're talking UMBC, who is average at best. G-town is not average. Then Duke at home. Not good.

At least Brennan played very well again. He kept them in the game. Kobe was back on D. There's a lot of young players out there right now on D. The O is a mess but they rarely get the ball. I didn't think this was going to be a rebuilding year, but I think it's even beyond that right now.

Yeah, bringing Mazza back may not have been a great idea.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/lacrosse/bs-sp-mlax-towson-umbc-20200304-bpbljarw25b4jltlapq4yxfwka-story.html

Senior attackman Brody McLean paced the Tigers (0-5) with two goals, and sophomore midfielder Austin Stewart added two assists. Senior attackman Jon Mazza was benched for the first half because of academic reasons, and senior midfielder Jake McLean missed his third consecutive game because of an unspecified upper-body injury

Fire Nadalen!!! Just kidding.  Man 0-5 for a lacrosse school isn't a good luck. Especially getting drubbed by local schools. Any good young players/recruits in the pipeline??

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Fire Nadalen!!! Just kidding.  Man 0-5 for a lacrosse school isn't a good luck. Especially getting drubbed by local schools. Any good young players/recruits in the pipeline??

Where does this leave us moving forward? But right I dont think any of us think Nads isnt the one to do it. We trust him. But damn, season will be over before we know it. good riddance. 

1 minute ago, sr16 said:

Where does this leave us moving forward? But right I dont think any of us think Nads isnt the one to do it. We trust him. But damn, season will be over before we know it. good riddance. 

I was joking about firing him!  Honestly don't know/care/follow lacrosse much. But it's nice to have a team win and go far as this program has.  I just go off scores and what I see and hear on here. But looks as though womens lacrosse has been in a rut for a bit and this is a lost season for the mens team.

A lot of young talent. Face offs are killing them. Offense has very few possessions but they don’t do much with them. Rough year for Nads. 

But after going to the Final Four, it takes a minimum year of 2-3 years before this shows in recruiting. A lot of HS sophomores commit early. This year is now about developing those young players. Next year will be much different