• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax gets crushed by Hoyas 16-4 to start out 0-6

I hate to sound dramatic, but I don't know if I'll be watching this team at least until they get to conference play. I can waste 2-3 hours doing something more productive. Because as a Towson fan for 30 years, that was a waste of my time. Watching D-1 college players consistently miss ground balls, bad passes, weak shots. hitting the goalies pads over and over and over, horrible clears, certain defensemen who struggled with just passing the ball on clears. 

Yes, it starts with face-offs. Joey Chestnutt was 8 of 19 and at one point, was 6 of 12. They brought in Felix Knorr, a very highly regarded FOGO, who hasn't played all year. He won his first face-off, then lost his second face-off badly. That was it for him as they went back to original starter Todd McNallen, who went with the pole. He went 0-2 and it wasn't close. Apparently they went back to Knorr again, but I was gone with about 4:00 left in the game and he of course, lost it. Wasn't going to stick around and wait around another 10-15 minutes to talk to Nads about this one. What the hell was I going to ask him? 

If I asked him about Shane Brennan, who was helped the field by two trainers in the first half, he was going to say he's going to be fine for Duke next week. Jake Stout, the third-string goalie to start the season, may be the starter next week as Canto is now third-strong or second-string if Brennan is out.

A lot of experimenting in the second half. Brody McLean was benched apparently as was Luke Fromert. At this point. might as well play the younger players. Problem is, I didn't see anything special in terms of the future. Why they benched Avanzato, the Maryland transfer who played just on the EMO, is beyond me. I don't see it getting much better at this point, but I don't know how much worse it can get. Oh yeah, we're playing Duke and Denver coming up with potentially a third-string goaltender. It could get worse.

• Sad 1

Don’t be so down mat! just be happy we have a team! 

On a side note. We have a player named Joey chestnut?!  THats awesome.  Tu marketing lets get a hot dog promotion for a game 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t be so down mat! just be happy we have a team! 

On a side note. We have a player named Joey chestnut?!  THats awesome.  Tu marketing lets get a hot dog promotion for a game 

First of all, stay in your lane. Secondly, don't drink and post at the same time.

43 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

First of all, stay in your lane. Secondly, don't drink and post at the same time.

Haha. First off I may seem crazy, but I don’t drink. But if you’re gonna give up on a team.. it must be bad. And that was a joke  

but the hot dog promotion idea isn’t!

I'm not giving up on a team. I will still watch them on a stream, but I'm not wasting 3+ hours to go out to the U to see them lose by 15 to Duke when there are about five people that care on this board. In my 30 years of covering Towson, I don't think I've seen a worse start outside of the men's basketball team in 2011-12 and yes, I expected that after watching them in preseason. I just thought this team had some talent on both ends of the field. They brought in transfers from Maryland, Denver and Air Force, and none are really contributing. Maybe not NCAA-caliber, but pushing UMass or Hofstra for the CAA title. They have arguably the best defenseman in the nation in Kobe Smith and he's just being wasted.

My expectations for this coach and program are higher than any men's team on this campus. So seeing them play like this is sad. I've seen bad play before, but not like this. There usually was a glimpse of a talented freshman on offense. Maybe the new OC and losing Gilardi to Stony Brook is the main reason. The defense at least is young and missing Gray Bodden.

Are they so bad that they can’t win the caa? I know umass is good but the rest of the conference is meh right?  Do they have a faceoff guy in the works?

They can't even beat the Mount or UMBC, how are they going to beat anybody in the CAA? I think Felix Knorr, a sophomore and two-time UA All-American, is the present and the future if they let him play. Chestnutt is a junior so and is really limited athletically.

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I'm not giving up on a team. I will still watch them on a stream, but I'm not wasting 3+ hours to go out to the U to see them lose by 15 to Duke when there are about five people that care on this board. In my 30 years of covering Towson, I don't think I've seen a worse start outside of the men's basketball team in 2011-12 and yes, I expected that after watching them in preseason. I just thought this team had some talent on both ends of the field. They brought in transfers from Maryland, Denver and Air Force, and none are really contributing. Maybe not NCAA-caliber, but pushing UMass or Hofstra for the CAA title. They have arguably the best defenseman in the nation in Kobe Smith and he's just being wasted.

My expectations for this coach and program are higher than any men's team on this campus. So seeing them play like this is sad. I've seen bad play before, but not like this. There usually was a glimpse of a talented freshman on offense. Maybe the new OC and losing Gilardi to Stony Brook is the main reason. The defense at least is young and missing Gray Bodden.

yeah this is just very disappointing.. and unfamiliar