• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

A few more names to keep track of. I only will deal with guys that are grad transfers and are immediately eligible.

Bryce Aiken, Harvard. There's little chance we're getting a four-star recruit with one year left, even if he's just a 6-0 guard. Guessing he would wind up at a high major.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/bryce-aiken

Brendan Barry, 6-2 guard from Dartmouth. Great shooter. Missed last season due to injury. Good passer. Not sure he would fit with Gibson defensively.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066823/brendan-barry

45 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Brendan Barry, 6-2 guard from Dartmouth. Great shooter. Missed last season due to injury. Good passer. Not sure he would fit with Gibson defensively.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066823/brendan-barry

Looks like he’s a good shooter on all 3 levels. 230 assists to 105 career turnovers is very good

One of our assistants is following & being followed on Twitter by the following players in the transfer portal:

Cameron Parker-Sacred Heart

Traveon Maddox-Oakland 

Zion Young-Western Illinois 

BJ Simmons-Idaho

Bakari Simmons Texas A&M

Also being followed by even more JUCO’s & a few HS kids. I suspect a lot of this is just window shopping, and that this list  will increase as more players enter the portal 

Edited by TSU88

Parker is a sit-out guy as a sophomore.  He had 80 turnovers in 18 games and shot 29.3% from beyond the arc. But he had 141 assists (7.8 per game).  He led the nation in assists though he had 24 in one game against a D3 team. 

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Parker is a sit-out guy as a sophomore.  He had 80 turnovers in 18 games and shot 29.3% from beyond the arc. But he had 141 assists (7.8 per game).  He led the nation in assists though he had 24 in one game against a D3 team. 

24?!  Our high for a player against a dub d1 is like 7 lol. 

24 in 1 game?!! Holy Kevin Porter (going old school with that reference, as I believe KP played in that conference, at St. Francis PA). Hey, 24 dimes is pretty amazing, even if it’s in a backyard pickup game. Strictly guessing, but I’m thinking he wants to supersize to a bigger conference than the CAA. Besides, I would assume we’re more in the market for someone who can play this coming fall

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

24 in 1 game?!! Holy Kevin Porter (going old school with that reference, as I believe KP played in that conference, at St. Francis PA). Hey, 24 dimes is pretty amazing, even if it’s in a backyard pickup game. Strictly guessing, but I’m thinking he wants to supersize to a bigger conference than the CAA. Besides, I would assume we’re more in the market for someone who can play this coming fall

KP was my favorite player when I was very young. The turnovers worry me some though I'm guessing they play at a pretty high pace, but again, you're talking about the 2021-22 season barring they don't change the transfer rules.

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

KP was my favorite player when I was very young. The turnovers worry me some though I'm guessing they play at a pretty high pace, but again, you're talking about the 2021-22 season barring they don't change the transfer rules.

KP averaged 13.4 assists per game with the 78-79 Pistons, coached by some guy named Vitale

Edited by TSU88