• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Interesting that Kai Toews is still on there. I guess he never officially signed a pro contract.

He did and has played in games for his team in Japan.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He did and has played in games for his team in Japan.

Then he should be off the list.

14 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Then he should be off the list.

Tell Jeff that. Unlikely he knows anything going on outside the Power 7-8.

image.png.748ada7c866748e73ae8d14ba63041b1.png

Edited by TuTigers2012

Thanks for the updates.  24.6 ppg speaks for itself. I know he’s D2, but top D2 guys can definitely play at the low-mid major D1 level. Just look how Merrimack won 20 games this past season in their 1st season in the NEC, after moving up from D2. If he’s heard from Hofstra, with their recent history of great guards, that tells me all I need to know

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Thanks for the updates.  24.6 ppg speaks for itself. I know he’s D2, but top D2 guys can definitely play at the low-mid major D1 level. Just look how Merrimack won 20 games this past season in their 1st season in the NEC, after moving up from D2. If he’s heard from Hofstra, with their recent history of great guards, that tells me all I need to know

I’d rather have Allen and not wait a year. But Heath appears to be a D1 talent and could get bigger and better with a year off. To me, first goal is to get a grad student combo guard who has quickness to penetrate and defend.

Would a D2 have to sit out a year, assuming the sit one requirement isn’t eliminated?

Allen is from S Carolina. Could give Elon and/or UNC Asheville an advantage, assuming being close to home is an important consideration 

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Would a D2 have to sit out a year, assuming the sit one requirement isn’t eliminated?

Allen is from S Carolina. Could give Elon and/or UNC Asheville an advantage, assuming being close to home is an important consideration 

He’s moving up a level so he has to sit out. In football, you don’t have to sit out to go from FBS to FCS, but you do if you move up or at same level unless you graduated.