• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

3 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Fully aware there are plenty on here who can't stand the staff but isn't there something to be said that our guys are sticking together.  Even though they have showed their frustrations throughout the year.  To me it feels like these guys have buy in, they trust the program and they like each other.  

To me that matters, it is important for our program to remain competitive and try to develop as a strong mid-major that players want to come to be here.  I was concerned when Zane and Gorham left that we were about to hit a downward spiral.  It was one sub .500 season until we bounced back.  

We need to get this CAA Tourney monkey off our back and it is squarely on the coaching staff's shoulders to do so.  I hope they can do it.  They make these guys better players/people, are good for the community and represent TU well.  There are plenty of doubters on here and I'm hoping they are going to prove you all wrong.  I'm fully aligned the clock is ticking.  

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but it isn't that I can't stand them... Pat and Co. are great people but after this amount of time here.. they have nothing really to show for it. 2-9 in CAAT is bad. They have gotten stale, especially the assistants...

Bounce back? 1 year isn't exactly that..but I get what you are attempting to say.  Next year is gonna be tough. The seniors were valuable and its not like we lost the 2019 class...

I'll give them credit for keeping (atleast until this point, knock on wood) the team intact with all the transfers in the world.

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Shooting numbers are dreadful 

You’ll be shocked to learn one of our coaches is already following him on Twitter 🥺

Another D2 guy we’re following, who’s following back: Devin Whitfield, 6’5 170 lbs, from Lincoln Memorial U, which went 32-1 this past season. Avg 19.2 ppg; 53% overall from the field; 44% from 3 (99-223); 82% ft; 4.8 rpg; 2apg; 1 steal per game.

A skinny Brian Fobbs???

Dwight Wilson of JMU is the latest to enter the transfer portal. IMHO, a better version of Nakaye Sanders; avg 10ppg & 9 boards. Can Matt Lewis be far behind?

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Another D2 guy we’re following, who’s following back: Devin Whitfield, 6’5 170 lbs, from Lincoln Memorial U, which went 32-1 this past season. Avg 19.2 ppg; 53% overall from the field; 44% from 3 (99-223); 82% ft; 4.8 rpg; 2apg; 1 steal per game.

A skinny Brian Fobbs???

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

Dwight Wilson of JMU is the latest to enter the transfer portal. IMHO, a better version of Nakaye Sanders; avg 10ppg & 9 boards. Can Matt Lewis be far behind?

Slightly better. He's awful defensively. Better rebounder. I think Lewis stays so he could put up 25 points per game and 40 shots. Again, when you are that bad a team, almost any subtraction is an addition.

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

You’ll be shocked to learn one of our coaches is already following him on Twitter 🥺

I think we've followed probably every player in the transfer portal. 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

A skinny Brian Fobbs???

I like his numbers. He transferred twice in Division II. At least he has one year left and can play right away. Can't find any highlights.  This is a whole game of Whitefield as No. 2 in dark jersey.