• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

I just think Lawrence is one of dozens of players that we are interested in. Maybe close to 100 of the 420 or how many are in the transfer portal. With the situation we are in as a country, I just wonder if guys are willing to go across the country or come from the Midwest or will more people try and stay close to home. Lawrence is from New Jersey and not sure how he fits in, but personally, I've said it many times. A 6-2 or so combo guard that can penetrate. He doesn't have to be a 40% 3-point shooter. Obviously, if we have just one ship, we have to find the right one and not just a player that is going to be a role player. Somebody that can be an impact guy. If we have two left, I don't have a problem taking a guy like Lawrence, if he has that ability to defend and penetrate, as long as we get a 6-5 scoring wing or maybe even a 6-7 power forward that can shoot some.

Sure, it would be nice to get a juco that can do the same things Fobbs did, but that won't be easy. 

He’s from Philly, so if he wants to go home, Drexel would be a logical choice. Coppin was one of the schools that offered him out of HS, so it makes sense they’d be in on him too

He shot 37% overall; 34% from 3; 70% ft; 3.3apg & 6.4ppg