• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

On 3/31/2020 at 2:54 PM, TSU88 said:

Big time D1 basketball isn’t for the faint of heart.  Tough deal when the coach calls you in & says he’s making a change in your department... and you’re the only one in your department 

You must be a Charlie Eckman fan. That was one of his great stories when Fred Zollner fired him. 

Wow, I’m impressed!!! 

I vaguely recall  Eckman telling that story on the radio, & it always stuck with me. What a great character he was, and anyone who doesn’t believe that can call a cab!!!

Charles Minlend (University of SF)

6’4” shooting guard 

14 points a game.   2nd team ALL WCC

Wants to be closer to home (NC)

Be a perfect fit for our Tigers and he’s not necessarily the kind of player who wants to play for a power conference school. 

If you play him at the 2 guard, that leaves you with a small backcourt when Gibson would be at the point. 

So, it would seem Betrand goes to the 3, leaving the guards as Gibson, Dottin, Timberlake & Allen.