• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

Great news for the rest of the CAA. I’m skeptical he’ll be drafted, but it only takes 1 team to fall in love with him. I could also see him having a lucrative gig overseas. 

Delaware was the conventional wisdom pick to win the CAA next season, but the losses of Darling and the other guy (who’s name escapes me at the moment) certainly calls that into question. Still, I wouldn’t totally write them off. They still have Ryan Allen & the big transfer from Villanova (Painter, I think) amongst others 

19 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Great news for the rest of the CAA. I’m skeptical he’ll be drafted, but it only takes 1 team to fall in love with him. I could also see him having a lucrative gig overseas. 

Delaware was the conventional wisdom pick to win the CAA next season, but the losses of Darling and the other guy (who’s name escapes me at the moment) certainly calls that into question. Still, I wouldn’t totally write them off. They still have Ryan Allen & the big transfer from Villanova (Painter, I think) amongst others 

Painter is nothing special. Now if we can get our guys eligible...

So, Mutts & Darling gone from UD; Pemberton & Buie have graduated from Hofstra; Riller is (finally) done at C of C; Knight is done at W&M; Roland is done at NE. 

Seems like the conference is wide open 

14 of the 20 top scorers in the conference last season are now gone. Only Matt Lewis (JMU), 3 from Drexel (Walton, Wynter & Butler), Sims from UNCW & McIntosh from Elon are back. 

On paper, it would appear Drexel has the best retuning nucleus 

13 hours ago, TSU88 said:

14 of the 20 top scorers in the conference last season are now gone. Only Matt Lewis (JMU), 3 from Drexel (Walton, Wynter & Butler), Sims from UNCW & McIntosh from Elon are back. 

On paper, it would appear Drexel has the best retuning nucleus 

guessing Walton got a 6th year?  If so, looks like Drexel has the best returning roster, but that's not saying much.  Hofstra has Kante, Ray and Coburn coming back. All real good role players who didn't need to take over games in the past and may need to now.  New coaches at UNCW and JMU, Hot seat at Drexel... should be an interesting year.  Could be a tight race from 1-10 and obviously come down to DC in March... Likely for a trip to Dayton Ohio.

If Holland & Gueye get waivers to play this season, we could be in the mix for the conference title. Stay tuned 

16 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Painter is nothing special. Now if we can get our guys eligible...

UNCW and JMU have already gotten players approved. Any idea how this is done? First come first serve? By the athletic dept? (with ours, I hope not)  Holland transferred pretty early on.

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If Holland & Gueye get waivers to play this season, we could be in the mix for the conference title. Stay tuned 

lol

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

UNCW and JMU have already gotten players approved. Any idea how this is done? First come first serve? By the athletic dept? (with ours, I hope not)  Holland transferred pretty early on.

lol

I read somewhere (might have been Delaware msg board) that NCAA is overwhelmingly approving waivers for players who were “forced out” at their old school. If in fact that’s the key criteria, I’m not so sure either Holland or Gueye we’re forced out 

5 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I read somewhere (might have been Delaware msg board) that NCAA is overwhelmingly approving waivers for players who were “forced out” at their old school. If in fact that’s the key criteria, I’m not so sure either Holland or Gueye we’re forced out 

I would think you could say that about almost every transfer that is going to for more than playing time or the coach doesn’t want him or has off the court issues. Zane would not fit into that criteria but maybe AB would. I don’t know Holland’s situation at High Point other than he was hurt and moving closer to home.

I posted the article about Gueye and it appears he wanted out of the state as well as the program. I don’t know if either guy was forced out but both might have separate cases.