• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

NM will be known as the TU of the west 😆

He could serviceable at a school comparable to us, but I agree, if he actually winds up at Xavier or Ole Miss it’s as bench fodder

At best, he'd be a sixth-man in most schools. Might start on a MEAC school. Like I said, he can stroke the ball. I mentioned that open scimmage early in preseason when he put up 24 points and was playing the two. 

Don’t know if this guy has been mentioned yet in this thread, but we’re following him & he’s following back-Alex Caldwell from SEMO.

6’0 G. Shot 40% overall this past season; 33% from 3; 79% ft; 3 apg; 11.7ppg

Edited by TSU88

Caldwell is another sit-out guy. Played just seven games last year (assume injury) so could have three years left. Shot 39% from three as a freshman in five starts in 20.6mpg averaging 8.7ppg.

According to ESPN.com, Caldwell played 31 games last season. In any event, Tomas Murphy (NE) has transferred to Vermont. He should do well in America East 

Edited by TSU88

I went to SE Missouri State's website which said 7 games, but that could be wrong. I guess it was wrong. So he played a full season and shot much poorly in his second season than he did as a freshman. I wonder how moving the three-point line back seemed to have a direct effect on a lot of guys struggling from one season to the other. Bottom line is whether he has the ability to break people down off the dribble. If he can, he can help, but not until 2021-22. He played for a bad team last season and coach just got canned.

https://gosoutheast.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/alex-caldwell/9059

Fully aware there are plenty on here who can't stand the staff but isn't there something to be said that our guys are sticking together.  Even though they have showed their frustrations throughout the year.  To me it feels like these guys have buy in, they trust the program and they like each other.  

To me that matters, it is important for our program to remain competitive and try to develop as a strong mid-major that players want to come to be here.  I was concerned when Zane and Gorham left that we were about to hit a downward spiral.  It was one sub .500 season until we bounced back.  

We need to get this CAA Tourney monkey off our back and it is squarely on the coaching staff's shoulders to do so.  I hope they can do it.  They make these guys better players/people, are good for the community and represent TU well.  There are plenty of doubters on here and I'm hoping they are going to prove you all wrong.  I'm fully aligned the clock is ticking.  

Disregard my blank reply to last post.

Heres an interesting guy one of our assistants is following, and who’s following back-Cam Martin, from D2  Missouri Southern. Started at Jacksonville State, where he avg 4.1ppg. Transferred down to D2, where this past season he averaged 24ppg & 9 boards. 6’9 240lbs. He’s played 2 years at D2, plus his fr yr in D1, so it looks like he’s got 1 year of eligibility left