• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

Why is it named “Chicago State”? I mean, Chicago isn’t a state, is it?🤔

And shouldn’t they be in the same conference as Cleveland State?

Things that make you go 🤔

I know, don’t give up my day job to become a comedian 

13 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

The Wiggity Wiggity WAC (way too much Kris Kross in rotation in my college days) was New Mexico State and that was it.  The Aggies cruised to an undefeated record in conference and for the most part, they weren't really challenged.  This is a conference that had a 4-25 Chicago State team (perennially a doormat) and all but 2 other teams below .500 for the season and one of those was 16-14.  So there wasn't going to be much of a threat for any of them to pull of a non-conference upset.

NMSU hasnt lost a WAC game in like what seems a decade. They are very good.

13 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Why is it named “Chicago State”? I mean, Chicago isn’t a state, is it?🤔

And shouldn’t they be in the same conference as Cleveland State?

Things that make you go 🤔

I know, don’t give up my day job to become a comedian 

Towson State 😂

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

NMSU hasnt lost a WAC game in like what seems a decade. They are very good.

Towson State 😂

Yep, we would have been in that conference with Chicago State &Cleveland State too😆. Throw in Wichita State & San Diego State, for that matter 

A few grad transfers that would be intriguing but I don't think it's worth bringing in another one, if a ship opens up. Better that we go after a two or three-year guy and hope for a waiver. Unless you can find a program-changer who is a one-year guy.

The kid is super athletic. Obviously he can’t just dunk on people at the D1 level but he was at oak hill. Not exactly playing Perry Hall High. 

Hopefully he can pick up some skill along the way and skerry gets him to use his athleticism  for defense as well 

🤓
On 3/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, TSU88 said:

Per verbalcommits.com, we’ve offered Jaylen Holmes, 6’6 JUCO from Lincoln Trails CC. He’s from Indiana & also been offered by Portland, Eastern Illinois, Chicago State & Detroit. 

Odd stat line: shot 66% from the field (obviously very high) but only shot 66.7 from the foul line. Add to this that he shot 53.3% from 3 (extraordinarily high-maybe he didn’t shoot that many?) Avg 5.5 rpg & 4.4 apg. Avg 17.5 ppg. Maybe these statistical anomalies are because for some reason he may have only played in 8 games this past season 🤷‍♂️

So, a couple thoughts. On paper, we have no open ships, so, since we’re actively recruiting, that means either an existing player isn’t returning or 1 of the incoming players isn’t coming. 

I have no idea where Holmes is going to wind up, but Wright State is close to where he’s from (Wright State is in Ohio; he’s from Indiana) and they went 25-7 last season. So, I’ll handicap them as being the leader in the clubhouse (which ensures he won’t commit to Wright State 😆)

Edited by TSU88